How To Install B&M Short Throw Shifter
This is a fairly easy install, as long as you have the right tools. When I purchased my B&M, it was in used but new condition. I received it with the shifter housing on it, so this pretty much has all the steps on it, except for removing the shifter pin, and taking the shift rod out. Instead, I had to change the shifter base, and disconnect the shifter cables from it. Here is a quick guide of what had to be done:
1. Remove the shifter knob. (picture)
2. Remove the shifter boot and housing.
3. Disconnect the lighter, and move it off to the side.
4. Remove these screws on either side of the console.
5. Remove these screws.
6. Disconnect the wiring harness from the power windows / locks.
7. Remove this piece of carpet.
8. Remove these two bolts. They are 10mm.
9. Remove these 2 screws on the center console at the front of the seat on each side.
10. Remove the whole housing, and you should be left with somthing that looks like this.
11. Remove this shifter linkage by pulling out the pin, and sliding it off.
12. Remove this linkage by slipping the pin towards the front of the car.. dont take it off all the way, cause its really hard to get back on. This could take some time to get this off. Make sure you dont loose it.
13. Remove the four bolts that hold the shifter housing in place.
14. Remove these retaining clips that hold the shifter cables in place. Then remove the wiring harness from the right side. After that, the shifter should come right out. Replace it with the new one, put the supplied bushings in, and re-assemble the shifter the same way you took it apart.
For more information on the B&M Short Throw Shifter please visit http://www.bmracing.com