ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
7th Gen Toyota Celica Grill Instal
by REdOX redox9k@yahoo.com

Tool(s):
1) 2002 Grille
2) Variable wrench
Install time: Approx. 10 minutes
Disclaimer: The following is for informational purposes. The writer and host of this install guide cannot be held responsible for any damages or problems as a result from reading and/or performing the instructions stated.

This install was pretty easy. The only tricky part is trying to align the grill in it's proper holes/latches. This grille was ordered from WC Toyota Sport [wctoyotasport.com] for $46 (USD) plus $13 shipping. I also had to pay a $28 (CND) brokerage fee because I live in Canaduh. Aside: UPS Sux, they messed up my address and they put me on hold for 30min. because they didn't know where the package was. Nice going UPS!
You'll notice in some pictures that I already have a screen mesh. I used this temporarily until I got the grille. I left it in there for added protection against nasty bugs that the grille might not catch.

Pictures of the grille with part number
[Linked Image from telusplanet.net] [Linked Image from telusplanet.net]

[b]1) Get familiar with the mounting brackets and holes with on the grill and on the bumper. The first
picture goes with the next picture, and so on.

2) Get under the car (no jacking up required). Remove the nut that's holding these clamps. This is
where the wrench comes in. Remove any foreign objects such as leaves, twigs, dead animals, etc. I found 3 leaves in there that I never would have seen if I didn't look close enough.

3) Align the grill the correct way. Now proceed to angle it to get it into the opening. I found the best
way to do that is to put the right side in first and angle it in this fashon. Make sure the holes in the
grille line up and fit into the bumper's "hooks" (see step #1)

4) Get these bottom latches on the grille to align with the mounting clips on the bumper. You'll have
to pull away at the plastic covering underneath. Before screwing the nut back on make sure you
didn't move the grille out of the bumper's "hooks" (see step #1)

Before and after pictures...
[Linked Image from telusplanet.net]
[b]Now the top grille and bottom grille match which is what I wanted to achieve since I'm going for a
black & red scheme for my car. IMO it should have came like this from the factory.

October, 2001
-REdOX

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
One question...would this grill fit the TRD action package front bumper? It looks like it would but I need to be sure before buying.

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
this section is great...helped me install my grill in a matter of minutes!! thumbsup

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
I called the same place to order the grille in January, 2004 and the price was not $42. It was $89! (I still ordered it though). Just an FYI. thumbsdown

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by Birdman
I called the same place to order the grille in January, 2004 and the price was not $42. It was $89! (I still ordered it though). Just an FYI. thumbsdown

its strange how if you call up to several different Toyota Parts Dept, each will give you a different price. You can also haggle with them for a lower price if you feel the price they gave with was too high and most of the time, they will lower it by AT LEAST 10% thumbsup

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
I just bought a grill on EBay for about $55. I always check with EBay before making my final decision... Usually, they are cheapest seller.

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
This may seem stupid, but I was trying to remove the front factory grill from my 2002 Celica GT and I got stuck trying to figure out how to remove the grill from the top attachments to the front bumper. I removed the 4 - 5 bolts underneath and this freed up the bottom of the grill but the top seemed permanently attached to the bumper. Can anybody give advice on how / if it can be removed and still be able to install it again?

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
just push it out.. it may need a bit of force, but you just push harder grin

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
OK, I'll try that! I've broken enough things with the more force theory, so I thought I would ask before I got carried away. I'm also trying to remove the grill without removing the front bumper - from underneath - will this work?