New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#184109 May 24, 9:07am
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
first week i got my car was the first week i learned stick...and of course..your NEVRE used to leaving you car in gear or putting hte parking break up..that same week..i parked my car in the garage and left the garage door open..i then went into my house..came out 30 min later..(throught he door that connects to the garage)..and didnt see my car..i flipped out..then i walked out of the house and saw my car slammed into my sisters car which was parked in the driveway...only a little damage was done..spent 300 bux to fix the b umper..but damnnn..it never happened again..but i know its happened to a lot of people...haha my car has bene gone for a month in the shop getting some good shit done to it,.,.and ive been driving auto since..i get it back this friday,.,.haha i keep whispering to myself...dont forget ebreak..dont forget ebreak..keep in gear..lol(what happened happened like 3 years ago..but still..the memory lives on of that tragic day,..

#184110 May 24, 11:42am
2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Yeah, that sucks.
But is it bad to leave the car in first gear along with the parking brake?
I just put on the parking brake. Hopefully it won't roll on a hill. I just can't get used to putting the car in 1st gear. I've done that but when I start the car, I forget and you know what happens when you start the car in gear.

Everybody from Ecelica ROCKS!!!

l2pdrums #184111 May 24, 11:44am
2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by l2pdrums
I've done that but when I start the car, I forget and you know what happens when you start the car in gear.

^^^ nothin..as long as you keep the clutch in or take it out of gear before realeasing the clutch...

[Linked Image]
RIP 97 Prelude

superderk #184112 May 24, 12:14pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
my car wont start unless my foot is on the clutch..so leaving it in first is all good..also its good becauase if your on a hill or something..it takes way the pressure from your ebreak..so your break bad lasts a lot longer..n e wayz..4 more days till i pick up the car after a month of missing it and not having it during this great weather..lets jsut hope A-the weather stays good and no rain(cause i had the guy detail it too after all the work) and B- that i remember--ebrea and first gear..ive bene driving auto for the past month and I HATE IT, for the next few days im putting the ebreak on the auto jhust to get back intot he habbit of things.

#184113 May 24, 12:44pm
ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Actually leaving a car in gear while it's parked say on a steep hill is not good at all for motor mounts and such. I never leave mine in gear when its parked always E-braked.

"They don't make no seatbelt for the mind. So I can't buckle up for this ride!"

CID498 #184114 May 24, 3:16pm
2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
i dont leave mine in gear, but when ever i take it to any shops they do. always have. my rx7 doesnt need to have the clutch in when you start it and i spanked a stupid parking curb because of them. thank god it was just a couple scratches. as for the e brake i put them up even in autos.

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
lol, you rook. i also learned stick on my car. But i ALWAYS leave my parking break on. and 90% leave it 1st gear or in reverse depending on the hill direction. Glad it didnt casue too much damage.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
grrrr..rook?..grrrrr i share a story from 3 years ago and im a rook...grrrrr..THAT MAKES ME MADD!! jk lol ...bad day at work though..and im pissed off at the world so yeah..today is definitly a day i want to shit on someones head and go on a total rage attack on everything and everyone ..lol..sorry for saying so..just venting..lol BUTT im taking names down..got anyone who needs me to knock on their door(haha im thinking of jay and silent bob...the ending where they knock on everyones door who talked shit abuot them on the internet and start beating them up..and 90% of the ppeople were like 12 year olds...soo freaking funny..i so feel liek doing that..im just goign to walk down teh street ringing door bells ..lol

Last edited by SKOOF; May 24, 2004 4:35pm.

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
lol im sure it happened to others before. but atleast ur story can help others grin i knew two ppl who had to pay $500 just to fix their bumper. you had a good deal wink

salina loves truman. *muah* baby

truboo loves tru_gts