Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2003 Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica
okay, so i originally had the stock jbl sound system, but i figured i'd install my old aftermarket radio into the celica for something interesting to look at during night. well they had to bypass the jbl amp to the stock speakers in order for the aftermarket radio to work and i think it ruined the sound quality of my system. well, here's my concern...

1) i'm debating whether or not i should re-install the stock radio or keep the aftermarket. my after market is a kenwood excelon by the way...

2) what sub should i get? i currently have "e-bay" components in my trunk which i now know is the biggest mistake i've ever made in my car mods. you really get what you pay for... i'm talking 2 15" subs that don't knock for shit!

i'm thinking of getting a single 12" jl audio w6v2. does anybody have any suggestions for a single SUB set-up that would crack the pavement? i.e., reviews on other brands of subs, sizes (10", 12" 15") what is a good sub for a good price?

2004 Toyota Celica
2004 Toyota Celica
All you have to do to get your Kenwood's power to work at full potential is to bypass the wire to the amp. There's another post on this which explains how to do this. I'd tell you where post it is, but I don't remember. Just do a search for JBL amp bypass, or something like that, and try to solve your needs. Hope this helps.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
you can alson go to circuit city or best buy. they actually carry the wire harness you need to connect directly (it took several days for me to find it here in town)

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
ebay everything, i spent about 1000 bucks on a system that is worth about 2000. All Audiobahn. Two of their nicest 12s the flameq ones. A8002t amp so i have 400 watts going to each sub. btw got each sub for 100 each off of ebay, i think they are something like 250 each at crutchfield. Got a 1 farad cap with display. Monster 4 gauge cables. led grills and custom built box. All for about 1 grand. (btw i built the box myself its clean if you wanna see it still waiting to paint it)

Hope that helps

EBAY EVERYTHING U CAN is my advice
lol, the wiring kit was more than one of the speakers. spineyes

Adrenaline
2000 Toyota Celica
Adrenaline
2000 Toyota Celica
yea i had to manually bypass the amp, it's above the glve box, twist out those two plastic screw things in the blove box, drop it down, take out the harness from the amp, it's on the right side i believe, there will be two on the factory amp, take the one that looks like it's routed to the back, i believe on the 00 gts the rear speaker wires were black and red were positive and white and yellow were negative (i think!) and you will see that the positive's will all be in a row and so will the negative's in the harness, make a speaker tweeker with a battery and you can tell which wires lead to which speaker. also you don't need the smaller antenna wire, and you need to take the constant power and accessory power from the harness that went into the stock head unit. and i reccommend making your own ground to that nice huge support bar behind the clock, use a connector so that when you remove the cd player you can unhook instead of unscrew the ground, if you have any questions you can email me mxsuperfly25@aol.com

2003 Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica
thanks for the help guys! thumbsup

2003 Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica
the problem with my subs is that i got the really cheap e-bay subs. i'm gonna try and go for 1 rockford 12" p3. any body got pics of their setups? i know there is already a thread for trunk setups... but i would like to see more!

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
sounds good

2003 Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica
i just bought a Q-logic box with dual bandpass and i put the sub i bought inside behind a plexiglass cover... damn... one 12 inch pioneer 600w sub.. and it HELLA knocks! thumbsup
amp, sub, and enclosure came out to: 230 total!!! the box made a really big difference...
the pioneer sub was hella cheap but it still knocks...
btw, i found a guy selling a rockford fosgate punch stage 3 12" on craigslist for 150 barely used!!! anybody want the guys e-mail address feel free to PM me before he sells it. i wouldbuy it but i'm already satisfied with my beat and i know if i got the rockford it would be too overwhelming in my new enclosure... so... i'm willing to hook you up if you PM me. iight guys. have a great day! grin

dikitzaps
1974 Toyota Celica
dikitzaps
1974 Toyota Celica
yeah... here's a crazy ass system for you...

12w7
custom box
jl 1000 x 1 apm
your current deck
JBL components up front and in the rear powered by twp 300 x 2 amps