Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#172809 May 5, 11:45pm
ok so the MTECH lights look real nice in the celica store. im thinking about getting them because the price is good. HID conversion is what $600 for a good kit? whats the difference anyways? the bulbs are 4,350K which is almost superwhite. they look like the BMW lights from the pics on the site. they have that really wierd yet cool looking whitish color to them. I was just wondering what the difference is in your guys opinions. is the HID conversion worth the money or are the bulbs good enough? cause stock lighting=no thanx

Bread Fishing..
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Bread Fishing..
2001 Toyota Celica GT
its like comparing a prius to a lambo...but do your reasearch on hid's first.. read tony's post

https://celicahobby.com/ubbthreads/thread.f_252822_0_collapsed_5__1.html

LNK
"you only need something when you know it exists..then it becomes a want"

still a little lost. so you can only get oem up to 4300K or so in color and you need HID to get higher? whats the difference? does the HID project farther is it just color difference? are the colors the same but HID projects farther?

ThE iRoN mAiDeN
2003 Toyota Celica GT
ThE iRoN mAiDeN
2003 Toyota Celica GT
ohboy

Did you read Tonys post?

yes, i called up a bunch of places now i understand. basically the HID looks the same as the halogen bulbs it just throws the light out better so you have better viewing. thats what i was asking. not technical just the obvious. i was curious why go HID if you can get the same looking bulbs basically... ok another question, anyone know if the lights here-->http://www.koolglo.com/<-- go to H.I.D. budget and are those any good? sounds like a good price for H.I.D. only $279.99. dude on the phone said they were as good as his other ones for 429.99 but im not sure if i trust anyone who is selling me something. for all i know they discontinued that set for starting cars on fire puke...so any help would be greatly appreciated

Halogen lighting will never look like nor be as bright as HID. They are completely different burning properties and a burning filament just can't compete. Like someone said above, it's like comparing a toyota to a lambo.

The reason I bought my HID kit was because what I said above is true. You go down a freeway, and look at oncoming traffic from the other side. If you had a Celica with HID and another Celica with MTECHs side by side, you will notice the difference.

Also, I've never heard of an HID kit starting a car on fire. Ballasts go out but they don't blow up. The reason they have been discontinued for distribution is because they are illegal. To make it simple, they are only legal if they come stock in your car. I've never been pulled over for my kit, however, and have driven by cops at night many many times.

Bread Fishing..
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Bread Fishing..
2001 Toyota Celica GT
2kVeilsideGTS DO NOT get that 6000k if you want better than stock light output.. like i said and tony said the best color temps is in the 4000k range.. 5000k is pushing it but is okay..

anthing 6000k and beyond and your looking at stock to be better as all you'll be getting is some really expensive nice looking lights and a purple ground

Also their kit on that site looks REALLY cheap
what you'll want to get is a Hella ballast and philips bulbs. but see that would be completely custom unless you can find a company that has them.

good luck thumbsup

and these guys might be able to recommend a better place for HID's

Click below for just a ton of info on hid's
[Linked Image from hidforum.com] [hidforum.com]

LNK
"you only need something when you know it exists..then it becomes a want"

Ty:)