Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
tWiSteD
tWiSteD May 27, 3:05am - #17274 

2000 Toyota Celica

Marietta, GA
regarding resonators...

i pretty much know already about the exhaust; manifold/headers, cat converter, mid pipe, resonators, muffler, and i know that the resonator sorta acts as another muffler, just making the exaust quieter and probably more fuel efficient, but here's my question:

I have a stock exhaust(can't decide between TRD and Tanabe) and i was wondering in the mean time to cut off 1 or both resonators on the stock midpipe. Will this sound good? I want to know if anyone has done this with their stock stuff and had a difference. thanks a bunch

Not just another girl's car...
Steven
ECelica Staff
Steven May 27, 5:36am - #17275 
2001 Spectra Blue Mica Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS

Riverside, CA
the "resonator" surrounded by 2 sensors is the CAT. The long chamber is the resonator itself. Then there is a flange where the mid-pipe and the muffler attach. Just have the resonator behind the cat on the mid-pipe removed. Replace the muffler with an exhaust system.
EuRoBoYGT
black & blue 4 you
EuRoBoYGT May 27, 7:36am - #17276 

black & blue 4 you
2000 Toyota Celica GT

El Paso, TX
thumbsup it will sound good i did it to mine and love the way it sounds not to loud like those ricers but clean and good

[Linked Image]
i've been changing but you'll never see me now
now i'm blaming you for everything