Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

Jace
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Jace
2000 Toyota Celica GT
If i were going to get the tein s tech lowering springs would i have to get anything else for lowering or are the springs the only things i need to lower my car?

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
if you drop your car over 1", aftermarket Performance shocks are highly recommended.

since the tein s-techs give an all around drop of 1.5"..i would definatly look into getting shocks (such as the kyb agx adjustables).

stock shocks last an average of only about 1 year before they give out...so save some $$ and do it all at once.

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
I was wondering the same ? I dont wanna buy struts their expensive. Ill look around, one guy got lucky and got a used pair off some other celica. Mabey ill go for that drop that only lowers .8".

2003 Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by sPeEd4tHeNeEd
if you drop your <A TITLE="Click for more information about car" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||cars|AA1VDw">car</A> over 1", aftermarket Performance shocks are highly recommended.

since the tein s-techs give an all around drop of 1.5"..i would definatly look into getting shocks (such as the kyb agx adjustables).

stock shocks last an average of only about 1 year before they give out...so save some $$ and do it all at once.

~* Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep *~
- Nocturnal Supremacy -

2003 Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica
if you drop your car over 1", aftermarket Performance shocks are highly recommended.

So with just the TRD springs that give you a 1" drop would be safe for over a year on stock shocks? Because the shocks are really over-priced here for the shock & spring set by TRD.

- Nocturnal Supremacy -

Kim
GOD
2002 Toyota Celica GT
GOD
2002 Toyota Celica GT
well your shocks are gong to go out sometime, when you lower the car it just takes some life off the shocks. i had some tein s-techs for about 4 months and there was no problem. but if you wanna play it safe you should buy after market shocks to go with the springs so you can save on installation

[Linked Image]

Speed Omen
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Speed Omen
2002 Toyota Celica GT
^^^
if you're car is still relatively mileage-free, then you can just get the TRD springs and ride on stock struts - that's what I'm doing. Plan on getting TRD struts after 50K

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by Vampyre

So with just the TRD springs that give you a 1" drop would be safe for over a year on stock shocks? Because the shocks are really over-priced here for the shock & spring set by TRD.

it depends. 1 year is just an average. you have an '03 celica so you should have relatively low mileage on your cars and your stock shocks should still be in good condition (depends on roads and how you drive your car, obviously).

AS A RULE OF THUMB, the lower a spring drops your car the stiffer the spring rate is. a stiffer spring rate puts added strain on your shocks and will make them wear out faster.

so saying a 1" drop is better than a 1.5" drop is better than a 2" drop and so on...based on shock wear. as already mentioned your stock shocks will go out one day, even on your stock springs. just whenever you get a spring with a higher spring rate, it will speed up that wear. thumbsup

2003 Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica
Yes, I do indeed the wear will give out sooner. My car has like 9600 km on it and I've had it for a full year by the end of this month, so you can see how far I drive and I did get the car with like almost no kilometers on it when I purchased it.

I'm kind of wanting to save the dough and just get the 1" drop, but I also want to play it safe and get new shocks because as you said, I'll save on labour costs (and they're expensive) soo it's a bit of a battle for the mind and bank account. Right now I'm looking at differant shocks/absorbers/struts and what ever else to see whats the best price for what I need.

- Nocturnal Supremacy -

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
I have 69K on stock shocks. I guess im screwed if i go buy some teins. But i really want them. Mann im in a pickle.

Last edited by GTQuentin; May 2, 2004 6:43pm.