Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#16969 May 23, 8:39am
Hey guys! I am having a hell of a time with my injen racing division air intake. My car doesn't seem to want to go when the car is first started. I let the car warm up for about a minute, but after that it goes real slow, and seems to want to stall. When I first installed it I had a problem where it stalled out and I couldn't figure out why it stalled. I finally gave it some gas and it started and ran fine, except for this problem. There are absolutly no leaks. Could it be the computer? Can anyone help me?
Thanks
wave

ECelica Staff
ECelica Staff
After you installed it did you remove the negative battery cable for 10 mintues so your ECU can reset. confused

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
Could eb your ECU, but I doubt it. You either have a leak, or you hooked up a hose to the wrong connection.

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
I have a RD CAI from injen also...

My 02 celi is a little cold natured now but nothing drastic, I would make sure everything is connected properly. In the installs section of this website there are step by step instructions if you didnt already know, sucks I dont have an answer for you...Good Luck...Let us know what you find.

seems to me the mass air flow sensor would be the first thing I would check!

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
Yea, you have to be real careful with that sensor. If you bumped it, dropped it or got it dirty, there will definitelyt be a problem.

I unhooked the neg battery termanial for about 20-30 minutes and its runs about the same. I'm sure nothing is hooked up wrong. I have checked and rechecked and rechecked everything so I know nothing is hooked up wrong. Maybe my ecu has troubles with all the air that is coming in and is not used to it.
If anyone has anymore suggestions let me know and thanks for the help!
wave

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
The car will idle and drive a little different at first if the ecu has been reset. If you drive it around, after a little while it will get used to your driving and be fine. I got the impression that the car has a leak because of a hooked up wrong hose. When I did me, I had a vacuum leak and it was making my car idle really low then stall out. I found the leak and all was fixed.

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
interesting, keep checking and make sure everything is connected to the right thing and everything is secure. Just take everything step by step cause sometimes you can miss the most obvious thing.

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
Where my problem laid, one of the hoses was real loose and it caused a vacuum leak. I put a clamp on it and it fixed it. You said you didn't have any leaks cause you checked over and over. But maybe you missed something.

Can you post a pic? I have the same CAI and it is doing a great job for me. Post a pic and I can match it up with my install. Also, try to clean your MAS. Did you cap off the nipple on the engine block. There is a real good install guide at Newcelica.org here; www.newcelica.org/other/installs/injencai/index.htm [newcelica.org]
Maybe give it a look over to ensure you got it all right. Don't mean to offend your install. I know you said you checked it over and over but sometimes it's just something small that can cause this to happen and you say to yourself, Doh!
Hope this helps.

[ 05-23-2003, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: Kim Tyson ]

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
whats up with the "disconnect battery" post all the time...? if you install the CAI properly.. the way the instructions.. tell you how.. you should never have to disconnect the battery. if your gonna install something .. better do it right on the 1st try. thats my advice. seek a professional opinion.

Originally Posted by LiQuiDKiT2005
whats up with the "disconnect battery" post all the time...? if you install the CAI properly.. the way the instructions.. tell you how.. you should never have to disconnect the battery. if your gonna install something .. better do it right on the 1st try. thats my advice. seek a professional opinion.
Hey, come on now, I read the instructions from ecelica and the one in the box. I installed the damn thing properly and its not my first install. My boyfriend (I'm a chick) and I have modded a 300ZX Twin Turbo heavily and had absolutely NO problems with it at all! So I'm damn good at reading directions. So maybe you should be careful what you say. People, no matter how good they are at something can have problems. Especially when its a car you have never worked on before! And when I installed my CAI I didn't disconnect the battery.
To everyone else that helps, thank you. Oh yeah, once the car is warmed up it runs great and pulls like hell! Maybe it needs two minutes or something for it to warm up!
Thanks all!
thumbsup

ECelica Staff
2002 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Staff
2002 Toyota Celica GT
your saying that 1 HOT GTS here is stupid and dont know how to read instructions? its like your telling everybody the same thing if they ask questions and needs some help, be careful on what you say, if you dont want to help dont post a reply with this kind of approach "Mr. Professional".

Thanks,
-JD

Originally Posted by 1 HOT GTS
Hey, come on now, I read the instructions from ecelica and the one in the box. I installed the damn thing properly and its not my first install. My boyfriend (I'm a chick) and I have modded a 300ZX Twin Turbo heavily and had absolutely NO problems with it at all!
thumbsup
What did you mod on the 300zx??
sounds like something my x-gf might say...while _I_ was modding the car she would be inside watching t.v. occasionally yelling out the door that I have a phone call... but of coarse "we" did the mods... rofl rofl

Good job on getting it installed thats the hardest part! I would check your mass air flow sensor, sounds like it may be dirty. Search the forum for instructions on how to clean it.

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
the instruction included with the INJEN Intake are pretty bad... Ill post them up in a day or so.

the intake's included instructions were written so badly that someone else had to go write them correctly...
https://celicahobby.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=17;t=000018

Your hose connections might be reversed someplace... check the following link for correct hose locations (yeah, I know its photo of ShortRam installed, but the hoses are all the same and they all go to the same locations)...
https://celicahobby.com/gal3/inst_shortram

isaac #16984 May 26, 10:42am
Try this link to see my boys Z!
http://www.twinturbo.net/ttnetrides/rides.aspx?user_id=14412
If it doesn't work you can go to www.twinturbo.net [twinturbo.net] and register thumbsup