Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 5

#16927 May 23, 1:10am
Hey guys I just got my G-Tech Pro Comp
http://www.gtechpro.com/index.html
So far it's great and it's very accurate.
And I'm going for some runs so I'll post my 1/4 run and 0-60 time.(this done on my celica gt auto)(I use powershifting to use the first 2 gears at full rpms)
Only mods I have done are butterfly removal,throttle cable adjustment ,small weight reduction,fuel rail magnets(LOL!)and octane booster with 76 91 octane no CAI or Exhuast.So I'll post my accurate times today!!!!
goodjob goodjob

[ 05-23-2003, 01:12 AM: Message edited by: Rone0seveN ]

Stock is the BEST!! J/K
http://www.realultimatepower.net/
Click to get a good Laugh^^

ECelica Staff
ECelica Staff
Good Stuff thumbsup

Well lets see I got this(i'm serious not lying)
0-60 - 8.4 secs
1/4 mile - 16.3 secs at 85 mph
90+ something hp
80+ something tq(both are hp at the wheels)
(both of these are not at redline, i power shifted at 6010 for the hp pretty early)
*This G-Tech is pretty accurate*
(the road was not straight and wasn't long enough but barely made it for the 1/4 mile sorry didn't have any other road,but i'm still looking for a nice long 1/4 mile with no cops around) grin thumbsup

[ 05-24-2003, 12:57 AM: Message edited by: Rone0seveN ]

Stock is the BEST!! J/K

I think this run ain't bad for a gt auto with stock body,stock intake, and stock exhaust.
I check my car weight at a truck scale and it was
2580 with me inside.I can still make it lighter and I need to find a nice smooth 1/4 mile somewhere in cali.After this I think I can get a solid 16 sec!!!! thumbsup

Stock is the BEST!! J/K

ECelica Staff
2002 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Staff
2002 Toyota Celica GT
yes its a very nice mechanisim, im gonna get me one if my performance shop brings it in... i cant see how it reads all of these with just plugging it in the cigarette lighter plug confused , like my shift light confused confused

[Linked Image]

Trust me it's great and it reads everything and with good accuracy!!!!!!! thumbsup

[ 05-24-2003, 09:03 PM: Message edited by: Rone0seveN ]

Stock is the BEST!! J/K

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
Originally posted by Rone0seveN:
Trust me it's great and it reads everything and with good accuracy!!!!!!! thumbsup
How do you know how accurate it is?

Well before you even start a run you have to calibrate the g-tech with your car for ex..
You need to have your exact car weight with you inside included of course!Then you need to synchronize you cars rpm rev.After that your set..all you need now is a nice striaght 1/4 mile. grin

Stock is the BEST!! J/K

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
G-Tech's are pretty accurate. From the discussions I read online, they're 99-100% accurate. Keep in mind, each person who reported their G-Tech information was its own individual test with its own individual factors such as outside temp. humidity, altitude etc.

These are excellent for seeing how different mods react to your car. First, trial your car in it's most stock form if you can, and compare those results to the ones after a performance mod such as a CAI, or exhaust. Or if you have a suspension mod, use the G-Sensor.

I think I'm going to purchase one.

[ 05-25-2003, 05:28 AM: Message edited by: Steven ]

That says it all guys!!!! [Razz] thumbsup

[ 05-25-2003, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: Rone0seveN ]

Stock is the BEST!! J/K

Tommorrow I'll post a run done on my friends old Ceilca I think it's a 92+ not sure.(Just curious how fast it is???) wtf

Stock is the BEST!! J/K

Anybody in California want to test their cars I'm willing to let you use the G-Tech(I have to be there of course).If you are near Burbank or are interested just post back and we'll see what we can do!!!! thumbsup

[ 05-26-2003, 12:55 AM: Message edited by: Rone0seveN ]

Stock is the BEST!! J/K

(I know it doesn't belong here.SORRY!)
My friends 94 Eclipse GSX got this on his 1/4 mile run...
1/4 - 15.0
0-60 - 5.8
Not bad for a I4 turbocharged!! [Mad]

Stock is the BEST!! J/K

Sure guys just post when you can do it and I'll see what we can do! thumbsup

Stock is the BEST!! J/K

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
how far is burbank from the bay area and how do you adjust the throttle cables?

Body kit/ACT Clutch/Rims/Interior/AEM intake/Dual Exhaust/ICE/other lil stuff/plus many more to come

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
SOURCE:
http://www.newcelica.org/other/installs/throttle/throttle.htm

How to tighten your throttle cable

Please excuse the really large images, I wanted to make sure I had enough detail. A few notes before you start: 1. Don't drop anything while you're doing any of this, that's bad. It's not a fun or easy thing trying to reach your arm all the way under your engine and near your oilpan, it's warm and you think you're going to burn yourself. Should you drop something, wait like 20 minutes before going for it if your engine was warm to start with. You're not near the exhaust manifold so it's not really hot, but still you don't want you hand down there cooking too long. And 2. you'll need 2 pairs of pliers, or 2 sets of suitable wrenches, I didn't measure the site of the nuts, but the 4 of them you need to adjust should all be the same size.

The basic premise is that if your throttle is tight, you can feel when you're giving it gas and then as soon as you lose contact with the pedal, you aren't accellerating. It helps in shifting and it makes the car feel really responsive, I recommend the effort to do it.
Okay, so I had a vague idea when I popped the hood of where the throttle cable was, but just to be sure I popped the hood, sood at just the right angle to look through the hood opening near the window and pumped the gas. I was right, and this is what it looks like.

[Linked Image]

When you look under your hood you'll instantly recognize it, it's the only thing with a cable that's anywhere near accessable. Your job will be to actually move the two adjustment nuts and then tighten down the cable. You can see one of them just to the left of where the actual cable disappears.

Below you see the cable itself and the two adjustment nuts. I had to disconnect mine so that I could get the leverage to turn the nuts, there were a few tight spots, even after I got out what appeared to be glue locking it in.

[Linked Image]

So you spin the nut closest to the throttle body until you can hold that screw against the mount and there isn't any slack on the cable, then you screw the other nut so that the cable is firmly held in place. This is actually a little tricky, because as I found out, if you make it too tight, your throttle will be pulling and when you start the car it will idle higher than normal. Don't do that. Definately test it after you lock it down to make sure it's idling where you think it should depending on your current engine temperature. Probably a bad idea, but I did this after work, so my engine was warm and so I knew where it should've idled, and 3000 was way to high compared to the typical 750ish. I loosened it a few turns and then it was fine.

Next up was Steve Won's suggestion to also tighten it at the Cruise Control this means taking out this large piece of plastic covering the left front corner of your engine.

[Linked Image]

Getting out the little plastic tabs that hold this cover in is possible 2 ways, push up the plastic center pin to release the tabs around it under the cover, or if you yank hard enough they will pop off and fly out at you at tremendous velocity, look out. There are a few of these that you will have to just yank because you can't get under them very well at all. They still work if you do this once, but will probably get loose if you do it numerous times.

Once you have this cover off, you repeat the tightening process which you should have mastered by now on the left side of the cruise module. You'll see the two tightening nuts and it's a little easier to do this one, on mine they weren't nearly as sticky.

[Linked Image]

Once again though, don't over tighten them, after you complete this step, make sure to test and confirm that you aren't idling too high.

That's it, you're done. Go test your new accellerator pedal and see how it feels. I think it makes the car feel more precise, and as Steve said, "makes the car feel more 'new', less sloppy. And shifting is again made less jerky, and more consistent."

Sean Bradshaw
sean@spintec.org

Last edited by Steven; May 28, 2003 1:56pm.

I say it's pretty far couple of hours!! thumbsdown

Stock is the BEST!! J/K

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Thanx Steven imma try it out this weekend...how much is that g-tech thing?
58685-celica.jpg

Body kit/ACT Clutch/Rims/Interior/AEM intake/Dual Exhaust/ICE/other lil stuff/plus many more to come

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
i live in the valley! maybe myself and the ecelica people can try it out one day since they all prety much are here in l.a. since isaac and i live minutes away from each other we can meet up then go to burbank and we can find a (safe) place to do itthumbsup

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
yea im with CT... i wanna check this out

Kool than it's set just PM me.I"m free on Fri and Sat
maybe Sun.The rest Mon-Thu it's work and school!
angry

Stock is the BEST!! J/K

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
let's do sunday... June 1st. what time? and where?

Last edited by Steven; May 29, 2003 12:32pm.

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
it'll be cool if we have a little meet (you, the ecelica people, me + anyone else around our area...). i'm not free fri but sat and sun are good for me...steven is interested, i wonder if tony or isaac want in too, it would be cool though. just pm me for the times and confirmed places! thumbsup

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
Hey CT, lets just go to Rone0seveN's house and do this... it would make this whole process a lot simplier... Hey Rone0seveN, where do you live? spineyes mapquest this humpdy dumpdy

Last edited by Steven; May 29, 2003 12:48pm.

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
sounds good! sat or sun i'm free..just lemmie know where and when thumbsup

Hey okay who is interested then .G-Tech Testing is gona be done this May 31 Sat at let me see after 12:00 PM before 4:00 PM(So we can weight the cars at the truck scale).So PM me or talk to (CT) or (Isaac) about this to get more info.
goodjob thumbsup

Stock is the BEST!! J/K

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
NOT saturday, do sunday. I'll be at the cali speedway on saturday all day .

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
i just talked to him and yeah he doesn't want to do it sunday. well if anyone else wants to do it just pm me...i'll be checking my pm tomorrow morning. give me places to mee up or phone numbers to call ok? plus if anyone knows a place about ooohhh 1/4 mile without cops around let me know thumbsup...he has a gt auto and i have an auot with mods and i will post my results to see what gains (or loss confused eek) i got from them...c'mon guys this is going to be fun. just pm me and i'll check tomorrow morning!!!

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
well i guess i can't join you guys then

Oh well maybe some other day Steven.Your going to miss it thumbsdown

Stock is the BEST!! J/K

Sry about last time ct.We had some problems with the G-Tech
,but now it's up and running well.G-Tech Testing will come back soon !!!!!!

Stock is the BEST!! J/K

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
lets do this..

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
hey guys lets do it on a track or controlled area or something...steven can you suggest any places??

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
This weekend, June 14th at the California Speedway, be there at 1 pm for tech inspection. Bring $20 dollars if you want to race. Bring more if you want to eat.

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
oh POOP! i'm busy that day...some biz with the mgf...hmmm dammit. looks like i missed out this time