New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#169148 Apr 30, 9:54pm
RiCeR
1988 Toyota Camry
RiCeR
1988 Toyota Camry
Does anybody know how to get sponsored by companies? Like i kno this girl who owns a yellow civic that is all modded and she is sponsored by rockford fosgate, aem, and a lot of other companies. Does anybody know a website where i can find out about sponsorship... thx rice wave

Blue MnM
2003 Toyota Celica
Blue MnM
2003 Toyota Celica
sponsorship does not equal free stuff deal
companies are looking for what you call "return of Investment"

"The most common question that we receive when it comes to sponsorship is "How do I get sponsored by your company?" If you ask this question, then what you should really be asking is "What is sponsorship?" Put briefly, sponsorship is an agreement between two parties whereas one company provides financial or in-kind (product) support to another individual or company in exchange for their marketing and promotional efforts. The key to this relationship, from the perspective of the sponsoring company, is the Return On Investment (ROI) a company will receive for its sponsorship support. In our industry, this is typically realized in the form of event attendance and media exposure (print, television and online). "

you need to act as the companies representative and do all the necessary rquirements they have.you need to be very knowledgable abou a companies products and be able to sell them to others. they will practically "own you" until you contract is done
and its not as easy as you think, its hard work

and may i add most companies dont look for stockish cars or even new to the game. you need at least be known in the industry b4 you can be considered.
in other words buy your own *ish and let companies know you are serious about a sponsorship and ready to take on the responsibilty thumbsup

FYI i have been turned down by so many companies i have a folder of rejection letters and look at my car grin so i said fuck it iam buying my own shit thumbsup

2003 Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica
Usually to get a sponsorship you have to already have dumped a lot of cash into your car and be good at either show, auto-cross or sound-offs. Then a company will sponsor you and maybe give you a couple of things but more commonly they will just give you a discount but you often have to wear their badge or use their products or something. It's cool either way though.

~* Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep *~
- Nocturnal Supremacy -

Or you can build a car for buy a car for the specific intent of marketing products, build it around SEMA, know tons of people in the industry and have a some money to invest in the project. The end result is a rolling billboard.

[Linked Image from newcelica.org]