Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#164822 Apr 25, 2:38pm
2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
ok...this is just a random question really but it bugs the hell out of me

for those of you that dont use your alarm to open your trunk you may notice this too, unless mines just backwards for some reason

when unlocking the trunk with the key you have to turn the key counter clock wise, however on the doors, it is clockwise,
is my trunk lock just installed incorrectly? or is this just how it is?

i just got the car...so i dunno, and im not the first owner so who knows what could have been done to it

but i wouldnt think you could do that very intentionally...

Hooman #164823 Apr 25, 3:58pm
its normal

67 mustang fastback
289 v8
soon to have 5 spd

Krayze #164824 Apr 25, 4:45pm
2004 Toyota Celica
2004 Toyota Celica
thats how mine is thumbsup

Parabol #164825 Apr 25, 5:08pm
2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
That's how mine is. But even if yours was different, would you really consider it a problem or a defect? And would you have tried to have it corrected? Just checking thumbsup

Chameleon
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Chameleon
2002 Toyota Celica GT
So... you find your trunk light yet? haha.. I was all befuttled cause my trunk "had no light" but.. eceli ppl helped me locate it. Guess I should read the owners manual (they gave me an '03 manual for an '02 celi.. any differences?)

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
hmmmm... trunk light? lol...i hanvt looked for one yet...but it took me a while to figure out you cant pop the trunk...

another thing that gets me...
my alarm goes off, eveyr damnn time i open the trunk with the key if the car is locked eveyrwhere else...wtf is that shit...its such a pain for me to use my trunk because i have to lock all the doors by hand, then lock the trunk by hand so i dont have to enter and exit the vehicle a million times because the damn locking switch(the only damn one) is in the center...whats with the crappy design...all other toyotas are smarter than that

anyway...
and yes if it were a defect I would fix it...it shouldntr be that hard to make it work the way its supposed to...maybe ill fix it so it opens the correct way

anyway...anyone have any good ideas of using trunk without it being a pain because of alarm/locking deal etc?

cuz you cant even use the key on the trunk to lock the entire car...

Hooman #164828 Apr 25, 8:13pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Originally Posted by Hooman
it took me a while to figure out you cant pop the trunk...
Yea my friends dont quite get the idea they have to pull the lever. If i take friends home and they have to get something they get out waiting for me to pop the trunk and i wait there for them to open it. It turns out to be like a 30 minute stand off. (maybe exagerated)

#164829 Apr 25, 9:12pm
2004 Toyota Celica
2004 Toyota Celica
On the remote entry thing, you can press unlock twice, and it will unlock everything.

Also, if I put the key in the driver's side, and turn it clockwise, it unlocks the drive side, and if I turn it clockwise again within 3 seconds, it unlocks everything.

Not sure if you would have the same setup, but it's worth a shot!

(I have an '04 GTS, by the way)

Oh yeah, and the trunk light is on the right wall of the trunk - looks much like the dome light in the cockpit.

Last edited by ArumnDark; Apr 25, 2004 9:13pm.

[Linked Image]

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
yah i know it locks eveyrthing from the outsdie...but say her are two examples of annoying situations

one, im coming to the car which is locked...i wnt to put my backpack in the trunk
i cant unlock the trunk first and put the backpack there because the alarm goes off, or i could and annoy eveyrone
so my only other real option is to unlock the entire car from the driver door and then go back to the trunk...which sounds lazy that i am complaining aobut it..but its kind of annoying in tight parking spaces and etc...

i see no way around this without an alarm remote

second..say my backpack is in the trunk
and im in the car already oin my way to leave, i can either unlock all the doors and then come back to the dirver door and lock them again...or lock the passenger and driver door by hand, then the trunk by key so that way i can open trunk once im out of car...or i can just be annoyed by the entire crappily designed situation