Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
RX-8 0-60 in ? #164648 Apr 25, 10:33am Apr 25, 10:33am
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 411
SAN DIEGO
Virtuous_One OP
Senior Member
Virtuous_One OP
Senior Member

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 411
SAN DIEGO
RX-8 0-60 in ?
I wanted to clarify something about the RX-8'S 0-60 atainable speed time. It is actually 0-60 in 5.9 seconds.
sorry for the bad gouage, my bad. I timed it myself also.
Does any here at everythingcelica.com own a Mazda RX-8, I bought this car because it unique rotary engine and it's fast response and traction and handling, I like celica's to
but I wanted something different. thumbsup
I Love this site keep up the good work. Check out my RX-8 on my profile.

Re: RX-8 0-60 in ? [Re: Virtuous_One] #164649 Apr 25, 10:38am Apr 25, 10:38am
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 975
Smog City LA
2000 Liquid Silver Toyota Celica GT
xXMaGNuSXx
hookah-meister
2000 Toyota Celica GT
xXMaGNuSXx
2000 Liquid Silver Toyota Celica GT
hookah-meister
2000 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 975
Smog City LA
You have an auto, its a lil slower than the 6-spd.

Re: RX-8 0-60 in ? [Re: Virtuous_One] #164650 Apr 25, 10:53am Apr 25, 10:53am
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,248
Idaho Falls, ID
Rocketman
Specialist
01 Toyota Celica
Rocketman
Specialist
01 Toyota Celica

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,248
Idaho Falls, ID
Originally Posted by RXR8TED
I wanted to clarify something about the RX-8'S 0-60 atainable speed time. It is actually 0-60 in 5.9 seconds.
sorry for the bad gouage, my bad. I timed it myself also.
Does any here at everythingcelica.com own a Mazda RX-8, I bought this car because it unique rotary engine and it's fast response and traction and handling, I like celica's to
but I wanted something different. thumbsup
I Love this site keep up the good work. Check out my RX-8 on my profile.


Lucky can still whoop your ass. thumbsup


Nice car though.

Re: RX-8 0-60 in ? [Re: Rocketman] #164651 Apr 25, 10:56am Apr 25, 10:56am
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,451
Lafayette, LA
DiabloGTS
Wheezy Joe
2002 Kawasaki Ninja 250
DiabloGTS
Wheezy Joe
2002 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,451
Lafayette, LA
I stock GTS 6spd will take out a stock RX-8 auto


To have played and laughed with enthusiasm
and sung with exultation
To know even one life has breathed easier
This is to have succeeded.
Re: RX-8 0-60 in ? [Re: Rocketman] #164652 Apr 25, 10:57am Apr 25, 10:57am
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,269
Seattle, WA
NorwayGT
Specialist
2004 Dodge SRT4
NorwayGT
Specialist
2004 Dodge SRT4

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,269
Seattle, WA
why dont you have pics that you've taken in your profile? do you really have an RX-8?

and yea, your times will be a lot slower than 5.9 0-60 if you really have an auto rx8


was....5speed with i/h/e
15.41 @ 89.30mph 2.282 60'

is....04 srt4 stock
13.936 100.15mph 2.177 60'
Re: RX-8 0-60 in ? [Re: NorwayGT] #164653 Apr 25, 10:59am Apr 25, 10:59am
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,248
Idaho Falls, ID
Rocketman
Specialist
01 Toyota Celica
Rocketman
Specialist
01 Toyota Celica

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,248
Idaho Falls, ID
Oh it's an AUTO!!!! AHAHAHAHA WHat were you thinking!

Yeah...any GTS will kill that car. thumbsdown

Re: RX-8 0-60 in ? [Re: Rocketman] #164654 Apr 25, 11:04am Apr 25, 11:04am
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,304
Chicago, Illinois
2003 Spectra Blue Mica Toyota Celica
My Sixth Gear
Specialist
2003 Toyota Celica
My Sixth Gear
2003 Spectra Blue Mica Toyota Celica
Specialist
2003 Toyota Celica

Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,304
Chicago, Illinois
i wouldn't say kill, because most GTS drivers can't drive the GTS properly and won't get low 14s and he wasn't asking if the GTS could kill the RX8 or vice versa, nice car


If you want peace... Prepare for War
Re: RX-8 0-60 in ? [Re: My Sixth Gear] #164655 Apr 25, 11:29am Apr 25, 11:29am
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 753
McAllen, TX
BaTMaN_4
Senior Member
2002 Toyota Celica GT
BaTMaN_4
Senior Member
2002 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 753
McAllen, TX
Sorry to say but i smell BS, an auto RX-8 would not hit 5.9 0-60. I also agree that a GTS would beat you with ease, if driven properly.

Re: RX-8 0-60 in ? [Re: BaTMaN_4] #164656 Apr 25, 11:30am Apr 25, 11:30am
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,451
Lafayette, LA
DiabloGTS
Wheezy Joe
2002 Kawasaki Ninja 250
DiabloGTS
Wheezy Joe
2002 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,451
Lafayette, LA
The RX-8 manual is capable of such high times because it can launch at very high revs.

The auto cannot handle that. I'd doubt the auto would be faster than 7.5-8 seconds 0-60


To have played and laughed with enthusiasm
and sung with exultation
To know even one life has breathed easier
This is to have succeeded.
Re: RX-8 0-60 in ? [Re: DiabloGTS] #164657 Apr 25, 1:09pm Apr 25, 1:09pm
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,304
Chicago, Illinois
2003 Spectra Blue Mica Toyota Celica
My Sixth Gear
Specialist
2003 Toyota Celica
My Sixth Gear
2003 Spectra Blue Mica Toyota Celica
Specialist
2003 Toyota Celica

Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,304
Chicago, Illinois
Does he have auto or manual anyway?


If you want peace... Prepare for War
Re: RX-8 0-60 in ? [Re: DiabloGTS] #164658 Apr 25, 1:11pm Apr 25, 1:11pm
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 68
Orange County, CA
 Black Toyota Celica
paperheart
Member
paperheart
 Black Toyota Celica
Member

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 68
Orange County, CA
He just came in to say he appreciates Celica's and that he likes this site, and all you guys can do is rag on his car... goddamn. Let the guy enjoy his car. Nobody likes their car being talked down upon. Show some respect cheers


[Linked Image]
Re: RX-8 0-60 in ? [Re: paperheart] #164659 Apr 25, 2:39pm Apr 25, 2:39pm
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,135
San Diego, CA
2000 Black Toyota Celica GT
righteous_one
Specialist
2000 Toyota Celica GT
righteous_one
2000 Black Toyota Celica GT
Specialist
2000 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,135
San Diego, CA
Originally Posted by paperheart
He just came in to say he appreciates Celica's and that he likes this site, and all you guys can do is rag on his car... goddamn. Let the guy enjoy his car. Nobody likes their car being talked down upon. Show some respect cheers

cheers i totally agree...

Re: RX-8 0-60 in ? [Re: righteous_one] #164660 Apr 25, 2:41pm Apr 25, 2:41pm
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,451
Lafayette, LA
DiabloGTS
Wheezy Joe
2002 Kawasaki Ninja 250
DiabloGTS
Wheezy Joe
2002 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,451
Lafayette, LA
Whose ragging on his car?

He is incorrect in saying the auto does 0-60 in 5 seconds.

If that was the case, the manual would be 0-60 in like 3 seconds spineyes


To have played and laughed with enthusiasm
and sung with exultation
To know even one life has breathed easier
This is to have succeeded.
Re: RX-8 0-60 in ? [Re: righteous_one] #164661 Apr 25, 2:48pm Apr 25, 2:48pm
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 199
Belgium
C
CelicaTC
Member
2003 Toyota Celica GT
CelicaTC
C
Member
2003 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 199
Belgium
Why do you assume that Mazda did the same poor job as toyota did on their auto transmission.
There are auto transmissions that are faster then the manual versions of the same car (check audi, vw, ...).
So why not mazda?
Anyway no auto's here in belgium with either cars (celica or rx8).
Those auto's that are faster are robotorized manual transmissions, that shifts faster then a person can shift.

Re: RX-8 0-60 in ? [Re: CelicaTC] #164662 Apr 25, 2:53pm Apr 25, 2:53pm
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 199
Belgium
C
CelicaTC
Member
2003 Toyota Celica GT
CelicaTC
C
Member
2003 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 199
Belgium
Nice RX - 8 thumbsup

Will take a RX - 8 over a celica anyday

But they are a little too expensive (42000$).

Re: RX-8 0-60 in ? [Re: CelicaTC] #164663 Apr 25, 3:09pm Apr 25, 3:09pm
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,030
Orange County, Ca
RevMonster
Masta OC
2003 Toyota Celica
RevMonster
Masta OC
2003 Toyota Celica

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,030
Orange County, Ca
Originally Posted by CelicaTC
Why do you assume that Mazda did the same poor job as toyota did on their auto transmission.
There are auto transmissions that are faster then the manual versions of the same car (check audi, vw, ...).
So why not mazda?
Anyway no auto's here in belgium with either cars (celica or rx8).
Those auto's that are faster are robotorized manual transmissions, that shifts faster then a person can shift.


Because the RX-8 is another engine that needs to be kept higher in the powerband to be fast. An auto with less gears can't do that.

Oh yeah, then there is the fact that the RX-8 auto actually has the engine tuned differently... so it only puts out 190 HP to the crank. thumbsdown


I'm just a crosshair
I'm just a shot away from you
Re: RX-8 0-60 in ? [Re: RevMonster] #164664 Apr 25, 4:39pm Apr 25, 4:39pm
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 199
Belgium
C
CelicaTC
Member
2003 Toyota Celica GT
CelicaTC
C
Member
2003 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 199
Belgium
Originally Posted by RevMonster

Originally Posted by CelicaTC

Why do you assume that Mazda did the same poor job as toyota did on their auto transmission.
There are auto transmissions that are faster then the manual versions of the same car (check audi, vw, ...).
So why not mazda?
Anyway no auto's here in belgium with either cars (celica or rx8).
Those auto's that are faster are robotorized manual transmissions, that shifts faster then a person can shift.


Because the RX-8 is another engine that needs to be kept higher in the powerband to be fast. An auto with less gears can't do that.

Oh yeah, then there is the fact that the RX-8 auto actually has the engine tuned differently... so it only puts out 190 HP to the crank. thumbsdown


We got two diff versions. A 192hp version and a 237hp version. So if you say it is 190 hp you guys have only the lower power rx8 or what?

And yes, it has to be in the higher RPM's to make power. But the powerband isn't as narrow as the "lift" in the celica GTS.

Re: RX-8 0-60 in ? [Re: CelicaTC] #164665 Apr 25, 4:42pm Apr 25, 4:42pm
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 10,123
Milford, NJ
VSGTS14
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
VSGTS14
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi

Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 10,123
Milford, NJ
Originally Posted by CelicaTC
Originally Posted by RevMonster
Originally Posted by CelicaTC
Why do you assume that Mazda did the same poor job as toyota did on their auto transmission.
There are auto transmissions that are faster then the manual versions of the same car (check audi, vw, ...).
So why not mazda?
Anyway no auto's here in belgium with either cars (celica or rx8).
Those auto's that are faster are robotorized manual transmissions, that shifts faster then a person can shift.


Because the RX-8 is another engine that needs to be kept higher in the powerband to be fast. An auto with less gears can't do that.

Oh yeah, then there is the fact that the RX-8 auto actually has the engine tuned differently... so it only puts out 190 HP to the crank. thumbsdown


We got two diff versions. A 192hp version and a 237hp version. So if you say it is 190 hp you guys have only the lower power rx8 or what?


no it's 238 or something...he means 190 to the wheels.


SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL
Re: RX-8 0-60 in ? [Re: VSGTS14] #164666 Apr 25, 5:18pm Apr 25, 5:18pm
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 460
Camden, NJ
theretiredpimp
Senior Member
2000 Toyota Celica GT
theretiredpimp
Senior Member
2000 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 460
Camden, NJ
You have a nice car. I like it. I actually test drove a RX-8 and was considering buying it. But it wasn't that impressive to me. A Z would kill it off the line imo and I'm in love with the 350Z so my next car will either be a Z or a G35 Coupe. Just gotta get the dollars up. Sweet ride though thumbsup


They call me Superman, leap tall hoes in a single bound...
Re: RX-8 0-60 in ? [Re: theretiredpimp] #164667 Apr 25, 5:40pm Apr 25, 5:40pm
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 47
Winnipeg, MB
2000 Spectra Blue Toyota Celica
blueTRD
Member
2000 Toyota Celica
blueTRD
2000 Spectra Blue Toyota Celica
Member
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 47
Winnipeg, MB
Welcome to the boards... RX8s are nice, though not my style. I guess you should have expected all these negative replies in a celica forum... tongue

mark

Re: RX-8 0-60 in ? [Re: VSGTS14] #164668 Apr 25, 6:50pm Apr 25, 6:50pm
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 517
Pittsburgh, PA
Krayze
Senior Member
Krayze
Senior Member

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 517
Pittsburgh, PA
Originally Posted by VSGTS14
Originally Posted by CelicaTC
Originally Posted by RevMonster
Originally Posted by CelicaTC
Why do you assume that Mazda did the same poor job as toyota did on their auto transmission.
There are auto transmissions that are faster then the manual versions of the same car (check audi, vw, ...).
So why not mazda?
Anyway no auto's here in belgium with either cars (celica or rx8).
Those auto's that are faster are robotorized manual transmissions, that shifts faster then a person can shift.


Because the RX-8 is another engine that needs to be kept higher in the powerband to be fast. An auto with less gears can't do that.

Oh yeah, then there is the fact that the RX-8 auto actually has the engine tuned differently... so it only puts out 190 HP to the crank. thumbsdown


We got two diff versions. A 192hp version and a 237hp version. So if you say it is 190 hp you guys have only the lower power rx8 or what?


no it's 238 or something...he means 190 to the wheels.


actually billy the auto doesn't have 238 it has a lot less mazda did that cause the torque convertor can not rev as high as the 6 spd. so they lowered the revlimtier and redline on the car for the auto's so tehy are way down on power.


67 mustang fastback
289 v8
soon to have 5 spd
Re: RX-8 0-60 in ? [Re: VSGTS14] #164669 Apr 25, 7:14pm Apr 25, 7:14pm
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,030
Orange County, Ca
RevMonster
Masta OC
2003 Toyota Celica
RevMonster
Masta OC
2003 Toyota Celica

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,030
Orange County, Ca
Quote:

no it's 238 or something...he means 190 to the wheels.


No, I don't.

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayP...vehicleCode=RX8

Auto is rated at 197 HP. Stick is 238. tongue


I'm just a crosshair
I'm just a shot away from you
Re: RX-8 0-60 in ? [Re: RevMonster] #164670 Apr 25, 8:06pm Apr 25, 8:06pm
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,248
Idaho Falls, ID
Rocketman
Specialist
01 Toyota Celica
Rocketman
Specialist
01 Toyota Celica

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,248
Idaho Falls, ID
Quote:

no it's 238 or something...he means 190 to the wheels.


No, I don't.

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayP...vehicleCode=RX8

Auto is rated at 197 HP. Stick is 238. tongue [/quote]
Exactly.. I love the RX8.LOVE IT! Fun car to drive. I just think that getting an AUTO defeats the purpose of that car. Simply beautiful though.

Re: RX-8 0-60 in ? [Re: Rocketman] #164671 Apr 25, 9:15pm Apr 25, 9:15pm
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,451
Lafayette, LA
DiabloGTS
Wheezy Joe
2002 Kawasaki Ninja 250
DiabloGTS
Wheezy Joe
2002 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,451
Lafayette, LA
The torque converter can't handle the power OR the revs.

The auto is faster...why don't you read before you say something like that rolleyes


To have played and laughed with enthusiasm
and sung with exultation
To know even one life has breathed easier
This is to have succeeded.
Re: RX-8 0-60 in ? [Re: Rocketman] #164672 Apr 25, 9:17pm Apr 25, 9:17pm
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 753
McAllen, TX
BaTMaN_4
Senior Member
2002 Toyota Celica GT
BaTMaN_4
Senior Member
2002 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 753
McAllen, TX
RX8 are OK, love the RX7 looks way better though!

Re: RX-8 0-60 in ? [Re: BaTMaN_4] #164673 Apr 25, 9:23pm Apr 25, 9:23pm
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,030
Orange County, Ca
RevMonster
Masta OC
2003 Toyota Celica
RevMonster
Masta OC
2003 Toyota Celica

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,030
Orange County, Ca
Originally Posted by BaTMaN_4
RX8 are OK, love the RX7 looks way better though!


They aren't even close to the same car. It's like the 8th gen Celica being a minivan, then comparing the 7th gen to it because of the name.


I'm just a crosshair
I'm just a shot away from you
Re: RX-8 0-60 in ? [Re: RevMonster] #164674 Apr 25, 9:39pm Apr 25, 9:39pm
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 975
Smog City LA
2000 Liquid Silver Toyota Celica GT
xXMaGNuSXx
hookah-meister
2000 Toyota Celica GT
xXMaGNuSXx
2000 Liquid Silver Toyota Celica GT
hookah-meister
2000 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 975
Smog City LA
Originally Posted by RevMonster
Originally Posted by BaTMaN_4
RX8 are OK, love the RX7 looks way better though!


They aren't even close to the same car. It's like the 8th gen Celica being a minivan, then comparing the 7th gen to it because of the name.


Correct. You can't compare them because they're not part of the same generation. It's a new breed. wave

Join the conversation - Register Now or Log In to add your comment


Moderated by  isaac 

Member Spotlight
CSUN
CSUN
2000 Toyota Celica
S. California (818)

Posts: 104
Joined: May 2002
Show All Member Profiles 
Recent Topics
Resurrecting a 2000 GT automatic.
by cosmo64. 10/19/2017 1:19 PM
APR strut bar brace for 2000 GTS
by TweakMaster. 10/15/2017 8:02 PM
Help with vacuum hose
by Chaos. 10/15/2017 6:07 PM
My 2000 GTS
by TweakMaster. 10/14/2017 6:29 PM
Replaced bad MAF. Now getting p0300/p1300 CEL codes. HELP!
by Bblee1989. 10/14/2017 4:34 PM
What kind of rim is this?
by mariahjordan. 10/10/2017 8:05 PM
Changed Headlight but so Dimm
by smsih. 10/10/2017 2:55 PM
Anyone know this remote unlock key? trying to ID it!
by kieronboz. 10/04/2017 2:36 AM
Customize Your Toyota Celica Privacy Policy · About · Contact
Privacy Policy · About · Contact
CelicaHobby.com is an independent Toyota Celica enthusiast website. CelicaHobby.com is not sponsored by or affiliated with Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. in any way. The Toyota and Celica names and logos are trademarks owned by Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc.
© CelicaHobby.com, 2001-2017
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.1
(Snapshot build 20171020)