Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#15514 May 13, 3:53pm
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
I have my stereo all set up the way I think it should be, but a wierd "fuzz and high pitched noise" keeps coming out. All + and - are hooked up right. I changed the battery and ground wires to single bounds (they were stacked side by side). The only thing I can think of is I have the amplifier remote (blue) wires spliced together. Is this ok? If not, how do run 2 remote wires from the head unit? What else could it be? Thanks.

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
If you have a loud noise coming from the speakers it could be "alernator noise". If you push on the gas pedal does it get louder, if so then that is what it is. The only way that I know of to fix it is:
1: check your ground wires to make sure you have a good ground
2: Make sure the power wire is not right next to the RCA wires/Speaker wires
3: If that does not work get a noise filter. I think they are about 15-20 dollars.

Hope that helps you out. If not let me know I will do some research with the books and stuff I own.

ECelica Staff
ECelica Staff
All that blue wire does is to tell the amps to come on, they would have nothing to do with a "sound" issue.

Like Proffit said, 9 times out of 10 it is a grounding issue. Make sure you have very good grounds for your amps, and check the power and RCA wires just like proffit said.

2000 Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
I've had my subs and amp hooked for about 8 months. I tried the component amp and fuzz came out. Without messing up or altering any subwoofer wiring, the subwoofer amp began to do it two. So both amps, switched out both Red (power) wires, tried 4 different grounds, and even unplugged the component set of RCA's. The subs are still out of commission and the compenents are too. 6 people have looked at my car, and I've spent at least 8 hrs (2 today) trying to figure this out. It's never been this difficult. I even read the owner's manual to my Pioneer headunit and reversed the subwoofer output. Nothing seems to be working. Damn it! It used to work fine, and now it's just LIKE THERE'S SOME OTHER SIGNAL SENDING TOO POWER TO THE SPEAKERS!!! I don't wanna' pay to get it done because I've already gone my funds laid it for vacation and it's gonna' suck. What could it be??????????????

have you checked your speaker wires to make sure you aren't grounding out.. I had a VERY similar problem once.. the rubber that wrapped the speaker wire, positive and negative, had worn down so I have a positive wire touching a negative one. I took it to a shop and they looked at it and said that I was "grouding out" my signal to the speakers by closing the circuit before the signal ever reached them.. I just replaced the speaker wires, and it fixed the problem.

2000 Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
The speaker wire is brand spanking new. I could try some other kinds, but what if replace these wires with better ones, but it doesn't fix the problem. There is something wierd going on here. It got messed up all in a an instant. So the window for the mess up is about 5 minutes. I did my test run and the speakers started making noise that spead to the subwoofer amp. I'm confused. How much of a gauge is used to connect YOUR stuff with? I got the 1000 watt amp kit (x 2) and the max going threw them is 720watts.

Ok, I think I'll
1) Put a buddy's subs in my car for a moment.
2) " " " amp " " " " " ".
3) If all else fails, I'll upgrade the wires. But, again the subwoofer's setting and wires never were changed. They started right after the testing-out-run of the component speakers went Awall.

Keep the ideas flowing, someone must know!
~Thanks

2000 Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
Well, a few weeks later and here it goes. The car stereo is still not performing properly. I am now running 4 gauge power cable to the rear where it splits into 2 8gauge cables powering the two amps. The same problems as before. I even drilled two holes in the rear connecting beam. You know, that black metal part that is usually covered by the grey materials holder. Like here... https://celicahobby.com/gal3/interior/HolowedTrunk

And yes, the noise does increase when I tap the gas. But the speakers "flutter" as well when the music hits.

A buddy suggested drilling and grounding into the wheel well. Would this be better ground than what I have now? Please gimme some help! Thanks.
--Rob

it sounds to me like your subs could be messed up, i would try and hook up some different subs and see if the problem continues if it does. Try a different amp.

2000 Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
Ok, good news, iffy news, and bad news

Good news= Hotchkis TVS is FINALLY here!

Iffy news= They sent me "Hyper someting" coils which they say Hotchkis is now using in the TVS (sounds like bullcrap because buddy at Titanmotorsports said he's only been waiting for the coilovers.) What do ya'll think?

Bad news= The stereo is still muffed up. I took it to Circuit City and they have no clue what's happening. They believe it's alt. noise, but don't know how to fix it. They suggested running a ground wire strait back from the battery. Tried it, didn't work. So, all the Hotchkis suspension equipment WILL NOT be on until all 10 speakers and 2 amps are working properly and installed nicely.

One more thing on the good news side. A guy I work with introduced me to one of the top installers in my area. He say's he does a lot of side jobs, including installing a 7 TV system in an Escalade. That job runs around $32,000 and will only cost him about $7,000-$9,000. So he must be good. I'm gonna' call him in a few days. My 21st birthday is in 15 minutes and I can't even blast my tunes.

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
happy bday, drink up, but be safe grin cheers thumbsup; i hope you fix ur prob, if you need a bigger alt. i have a street wires 160 amp alt kit for sale grin just pm or email me thumbsup

brad

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
Sup, too bad you haven't got this fixed yet. Congrats on the Suspension. They need to fix your coilovers problem. Keep it updated with whats new. thumbsup

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
dude i got the same coils from hotchkis are they differnt
59678-DSC00242.JPG

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
I called Hotchkis today and found out that these are the right coils

2000 Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
Yeah, I guess they ran out or got better ones or cheaper ones. Who knows.

Anyone else care to comment on how to get rid of alternator noise? Please enlighten me as I don't want to take this car in and get charged over $200 for something that took 30 minutes to fix.

2000 Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
I just ordered high performance grounds for the motor (40 bucks). What else can I get if this doesn't take care of my alternator noise? Thanks.
--Rob

On a happier note, the Hotchkis TVS is being installed as I type. IT should be ready by 5 o'clock. SWEET!!!

Last edited by supra_celica; Jun 17, 2003 10:20am.

ECelica Staff
ECelica Staff
Originally Posted by supra_celica
I just ordered high performance grounds for the motor (40 bucks). What else can I get if this doesn't take care of my alternator noise? Thanks.
--Rob

On a happier note, the Hotchkis TVS is being installed as I type. IT should be ready by 5 o'clock. SWEET!!!

You can buy an alternator noise filter ... if this doesn't get rid of it then it's not the alternator.

You should be able to get of one of these from any local auto store or electronics shop ...

Take a look at this page it will give you many different options:
http://www.davidnavone.com/filters.html

They are about $20.00

2000 Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
Dude, there's a lot of stuff on that page. How do I find out which of these I need? Thanks.
--Rob