Print Thread
tony
ECelica Staff
tony Jul 3, 3:06am - #1548 

ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT

Los Angeles, CA
Big Brake Conversion

Would it look funny for a GT? I mean huge brake in front, and drums on the rear.

Chrissi and ToyoB. - you both have big brakes, right? Would you mind posting some close-ups and let me know the cost (parts and labor)?

Thanks,
Tony

[Linked Image]
Really BAD reality TV is the reason I stopped watching MTV.
hi ho silver
hi ho silver Jul 3, 8:04am - #1549 

02 Toyota Celica GT

Camarillo
man tony, why do our cars get left with the crap drums? you'd think they would put some discs in the back... i mean hey..toyota, you already did the front.. why not the back??

So can't we do like a drum to disc conversion or something? how much would that cost? in parts? im a DIYer

Team Shoganai...

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous Jul 3, 2:14pm - #1550 
Unregistered

I have a GTS so I've done the front and the rear. I think that it costs about $1000 for the GTS brakes. Here are a few pics, they aren't very good tho.

Linked Image
Linked Image
Linked Image

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous Jul 16, 2:08am - #1551 
Unregistered

Does the Celica's in America still have drums in the back? In Belgium (where I live) a Celica has 14" discs in the front and the back standard
tony
ECelica Staff
tony Jul 16, 2:12am - #1552 

ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT

Los Angeles, CA
Do they have GT and GTS in Belgium? Here in the US, GT has drums and GTS has 4 wheel disc.

[Linked Image]
Really BAD reality TV is the reason I stopped watching MTV.

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous Jul 16, 1:09pm - #1553 
Unregistered

Here they call it the S (143 hp - 4 discs) and the TS (192 hp - 4 discs). In the front they have ventilated discs and in the back normal discs. And it has standard 205/50 R16 tires and both have a 6-gear manual gearbox

[ 07-16-2002, 06:11 AM: Message edited by: Celica2003 ]