Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#15412 May 12, 2:02pm
Opinions Needed

I throw myself at the mercy of the public for this one. Try not to make me regret this too much wink Ok here we go and bare with me as I try and explain this. First of all I am getting the Lambo Door Kit for her. I already know that I love the look there. I am also creating a custom way for my hatch to open. First of all it will "pop out" 3-6" (will decide during fabrication) And then it will Slide up above the car. I am going to do this no mattter what you guys think [Razz] simply because it will be easy to take it back to its original if I do not like it. The Question I have for all of you is... I am considering putting side vents on my car also. And this is the bad part. After looking at countless cars I have decided on one. And bad part of this is that it turned out to be a lambo as well. I know what everyone is going to say... and I already know that the Celica is more beautiful than a Lambo so do not waist your breath. But the vent I decided on is off of the 2004 Lambo Gallado. My question first of all is would this combination look good. and Second of all would it take me to the level that I am trying to be a lambo. Currently I have the Veilside Kit all around, Pro Celeb Graphic, And the TRD rear Wing. All of this would of course stay after the modification... so I would still not completely look like a lambo. But I am still wondering. Also if anyone can photochop this or do anything at all to show me what this may look like I would greatly appreciate it.

2003 Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica
i would say, go for it! thumbsup i like the idea of matching the lambo doors with the side vents..i think they will complement each other thumbsup

hey dondiemand I owe you... out of 28 people that have looked at this only one has left an opinion. Oh well so goes life. I am working on the design for it right now, but I will still be looking for more response. So let it fly... good or bad

ECelica Staff
ECelica Staff
[Linked Image from a332.g.akamai.net]

This lambo right confused

if it is I think it's gonna look bad-ass with a veilside kit. The veilside kit is a wild kit and I think this would take it to the next level.

Go for it thumbsup

Of coarse your always going to have people that say stop trying to be like a lamborolleyes

I'll photshop it for you.. send 2 pics, 1 of the lambo and 1 of your celica. It will only take me a few minutes.. not a problem, I am kinda curious myself... send pics JPEG format, as high rez as you can get em, to simon@anim8or.net (keep it under 2 megs total though).

Hey FX-man I can not get any pics on the comp (I am a little behind on times) no digital cam, or scanner. I can steal a pic from the veilside page though if that will work... I will be e-mailing them to youas soon as possable and I thank you for the trouble you will have to go through.

And Ricepowered yes that would be the car. I also have the "Action Package bumper that I put on there when my bumper gets too beat up (until I get the time to repaint and fix the boo-boo's) So you think it would look bad with that?? Thanks for the input you two.

that will work as long as it's sorta close to the same agle (can be opposite side, but like 2 front 3/4 would be fine, something like a front 3/4 and a back 3/4 would not work though).

[ 05-12-2003, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: FX-MAN ]

So as long as you can mirror it... is that what you are saying?

So as long as you can mirror it... is that what you are saying?

yup yup... I can mirror it, I just can't change it front to back, the perspective has to be close for it to look totally real. Color change, no problem, even a lighting change I can sorta work with, but VERY different angle is rough. Worst case, I can just paint it in there but that's not very easy with a reflective surface like a car, so a cut and paste job would be easier. Send me pics, and I'll try to do it tomorrow.

[Linked Image from anim8or.net]

Ok, here it is with my TRD body kit... didn't feel like waiting smile ... send me your car still though, I'll throw it on yours.. the pic would be better if my stupid stylus wasn't outa batteries (AAAA batteries are tought to find!).

If you follow the car's own body lines, I think it looks cool as shit, and it's original, I don't think it looks too "lambo" IMHO

[ 05-12-2003, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: FX-MAN ]

I really do appreciate this... and I am still trying to find good matching pics... I wish I had scnner or digi camera right about now... oh well I am sure I will have them to you tomorrow. Once again I really do appreciate this.

2000 Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
Are you in college or know someone who is? Most schools have a technology department that know what they are doing. Try them out and post the pics. I'm curious as to see what this mod will look like. Most cars with this mod win car shows.

LOOK AT MY LAST POST! I JUST POSTED A PIC! are you guys not able to see it or something?

[ 05-12-2003, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: FX-MAN ]

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
I see it, looks pretty tight. Can you do one with the doors open? and at an angle?

would need a pic of lambo doors in the open position, and it would be MUCH harder

Hey FxMan I amsorry but still no good on the pictures (Partially because I just finished drawing up the design for it (on the car that is) I agree with you about using the natural body curves as to not copy it too much. The only problem I see is making sure that the door still has a good seal afterwards. Other than that I am golden (and that will not slow me down too much) I like the way the "Action Package" looks in my head better than the veilside kit, but I will have to see them both on once this is completed. I am thinking that perhapse a Fiberglass Door Replacement would be the easiest way to start this project, so I ordered some supplies to do a mold of this size (will be my first time on a peice bigger than a simple fender). I will keep trying to find some pics for you and will try and find one of our car with the lambo doors open as well, that is if you are interested in that. Let me know, but now that I pulled the all nighter with my baby, I have to get to work. Hopefully I will have more luck tomorrow night. I once again thank everyone for your input and help.

Hey FxMan I amsorry but still no good on the pictures (Partially because I just finished drawing up the design for it (on the car that is) I agree with you about using the natural body curves as to not copy it too much. The only problem I see is making sure that the door still has a good seal afterwards. Other than that I am golden (and that will not slow me down too much) I like the way the "Action Package" looks in my head better than the veilside kit, but I will have to see them both on once this is completed. I am thinking that perhapse a Fiberglass Door Replacement would be the easiest way to start this project, so I ordered some supplies to do a mold of this size (will be my first time on a peice bigger than a simple fender). I will keep trying to find some pics for you and will try and find one of our car with the lambo doors open as well, that is if you are interested in that. Let me know, but now that I pulled the all nighter with my baby, I have to get to work. Hopefully I will have more luck tomorrow night. I once again thank everyone for your input and help.

ECelica Staff
ECelica Staff
shocked Good Work FX

Outcast good luck with your project. thumbsup

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Looks pretty tight. I personally don't like the side vents, but its different. I like the doors though.

ThE iRoN mAiDeN
2003 Toyota Celica GT
ThE iRoN mAiDeN
2003 Toyota Celica GT
great use of the channels FX, you gotta love them!

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup goodjob hot very hot!! very orig.