Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

hey whats going on? i am disapointed today went to put on the headlight tint and everything was going well untill i had to put the piece on that goes above the main headlight projector, just wouldnt follow the curves of the light. would get the piece layed down nice in the front then the back of it would bunch up. did this for about a half hour then started trimming.. didnt work. let me know what has to be done so i can order another kit...
1869925869-h5 2.JPG

Last edited by hucke150; Apr 9, 2004 8:58pm.

Speed Omen
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Speed Omen
2002 Toyota Celica GT
you have to lay them down and trim to fit... pm or email Bat for advice

Rip the Jacker
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Rip the Jacker
2002 Toyota Celica GT
That's a very good question, because i just put on "Virgilson"s headlight overlay kit today. This is what i did for mine and his, get a razor blade, and hold that piece down, then cut directly down the middle of it, make sure you use a little bit of pressure so it completely cuts the FIRST time, thats important you do that, then put on the piece as two separate pieces, now you will definitely notice how much easier it is!!! thumbsup

Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT
did you use soap and water to lubricate the surface so you can slide the piece into position before it permanently adheres?

[Linked Image]

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by Evan
did you use soap and water to lubricate the surface so you can slide the piece into position before it permanently adheres?

doing this definitely helps

Blue MnM
2003 Toyota Celica
Blue MnM
2003 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by DaBigTickett
That's a very good question, because i just put on "Virgilson"s headlight overlay kit today. This is what i did for mine and his, get a razor blade, and hold that piece down, then cut directly down the middle of it, make sure you use a little bit of pressure so it completely cuts the FIRST time, thats important you do that, then put on the piece as two separate pieces, now you will definitely notice how much easier it is!!! thumbsup
mine came in pre cut in the middle alreadyso it was easier to put on. your about the 3rd or 4th person who posted this problem but its an easy fix once its cut thumbsup

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by tru_Asiatik_Pride
mine came in pre cut in the middle alreadyso it was easier to put on. your about the 3rd or 4th person who posted this problem but its an easy fix once its cut thumbsup

can you notice the cut?

i'd rather not have a cut if i were to get it, imo.

Blue MnM
2003 Toyota Celica
Blue MnM
2003 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by sPeEd4tHeNeEd

can you notice the cut?

its a sticker so obviously its noticable up close you cant really tell unless your looking at it. theres gonna be overlapping coz its like 8 or 9 diffrent pieces so your still gonna see cuts(ie conection points up close)checkkout mine and evryone elses you cant see them thumbsup thumbsup

Rip the Jacker
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Rip the Jacker
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by sPeEd4tHeNeEd

can you notice the cut?

its a sticker so obviously its noticable up close you cant really tell unless your looking at it. theres gonna be overlapping coz its like 8 or 9 diffrent pieces so your still gonna see cuts(ie conection points up close)checkkout mine and evryone elses you cant see them thumbsup thumbsup
Yup thats true, here is a close up pic of mine, and i cut my piece down the middle, the piece that we're talking about is the one that he highlighted in the 1st post, bascially the little bulge on top of the headlight area.
1869926590-Overlay1.jpg

Rip the Jacker
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Rip the Jacker
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Here's a much better picture for all of you to see. thumbsup
1869926595-overlay2.jpg

Rip the Jacker
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Rip the Jacker
2002 Toyota Celica GT
And I can't see the line in the pics I posted, so its absolutely fine to trim through the middle, hoped this helps you/anyone else. wave

Blue MnM
2003 Toyota Celica
Blue MnM
2003 Toyota Celica
and heres mine you can see where i cut it in the middle its smoked so its easier too see where the cut is thumbsup
1869926601-DSC00009c.jpg

03 Toyota Celica
03 Toyota Celica
and heres mine you can see where i cut it in the middle its smoked so its easier too see where the cut is thumbsup
marco you wanna install mine?! grin

yeah i used soapy water so i could move the pieces around. thanks for the help,i am just going to order another kit and give it another go.cutting the piece in question would make a huge difference.

TheFilipinoCrew
2000 Toyota Celica GT
TheFilipinoCrew
2000 Toyota Celica GT
hahaha, thx Omar..for helping me man...!!! thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup, Ask Omar about Vinly Overlays, haha has a bunch on his!!! thumbsup

TheFilipinoCrew
2000 Toyota Celica GT
TheFilipinoCrew
2000 Toyota Celica GT
hucke150

Pls get a S2000 antenne...your VS2 kit doesn't look right with that stock lighting rod antenna...

ECelica Staff
ECelica Staff

Got any updated pics with your new bumper? I'd like to add them to my Gallery. I saw the ones in your Link, butv bigger ones would be better wink.

Bat-

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by Joey
Originally Posted by Evan

doing this definitely helps

Essential! And an exacto knife works great for trimming, or sewing scissors thumbsup