New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#1501 Oct 8, 3:38pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
i know they make them for some imports but mostly domestics (based on research. does anyone have any ideas on where and who i get one? most likely it'd be a custom job but i don't know where to start...i sent an email to TWM to see if it's something their engineers have though about.

thoughts?

ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Auto shifter kit? Do you mean auto shift knob? If so, they are available everywhere. Some with overdrive buttons, and some don't. If you're talking about something entirely different, than maybe someone can help us out.

[Linked Image]
Really BAD reality TV is the reason I stopped watching MTV.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I think he is talking about a shift kit that goes into the tranny. I have not seen one yet, but I think nowadays, the fluid/shift pressure is computer controlled.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
**she**

you're right ratified. i'm not talking about the actual knob but the shift pieces below. i didn't know that they were computer based - i guess that's part of the intelligence. confused i got a reply from TWM and they stated if the demand was there it would be something they may consider but they currently do not provide such a product frown

so if i wanted to manipulate the shift times between gears on the auto it would most likely involve a modification to the ecu, tranny or something? i figure that it was a modification within the tranny. anyone else?

[thanks for the replies fellas]

ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Wow. This is interesting... what does it do? Allow you to shift faster? Kinda like the short shifter on manuals?

[Linked Image]
Really BAD reality TV is the reason I stopped watching MTV.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
basically what an upgraded shifter kit on an auto would do is allow the tranny to shift faster between gears. it allows high speed, clutchless gear change at any percent of throttle opening or full throttle up-shifting when coming out of corners for increased acceleration and better corner stability. it works the tranny a lil harder. i've only seen it for domestics and 240s. the was a mod a friend of with a civic brought up to me about 6 months ago. i wonder if this is something that level 10 could do?

or maybe something like this (this is for a firebird):
Use your factory-installed automatic floor shifter with a newer 3-speed (TH350 or TH400) or 4-speed overdrive (TH700-R4, TH200-4R or 4L60) transmission. This kit retains the rod linkage. The conversion includes a new laser cut and hardened detent for proper stops and gear selection, a new matching transmission shift lever, all necessary hardware, and instructions.

Install a new swivel and grommets to help eliminate the loose feel and poor adjustment caused by worn linkage