Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous May 7, 4:35pm - #14948 
Unregistered

A/C Control Light help

The light behind the temp gauge on my A/C has gone out and i need to know how to change it. if someone could tell me what kind of bulb to get that would be great.
RicePowered
ECelica Staff
RicePowered May 7, 4:45pm - #14949 
ECelica Staff

South Jersey
the lights behind the A/C controls are little LEDs attached to a circuit board.

I don't know if anyone has taken them out because most people paint them a different color to match there interior scheme. I know that I couldn't get them out to change ...

https://www.celicahobby.com/gal3/albums/tech_parts_catalog/celica_parts_catalog_09.gif

Here a link to the parts list for the center console. The circuit board in part 43 on the A/C control.

Maybe someone knows confused
tony
ECelica Staff
tony May 8, 7:25am - #14950 

ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT

Los Angeles, CA
I took mine out to paint it. There are two small screws in the front. After removing those, you can technically pop the circuit board out. But, be careful, I cracked mine. The correct way to do it is to remove the AC control unit (the entire white piece). On the bottom, there are a few more screws. Remove those and the circuit board would just pop out easily. This would be a heck of a lot more work, of course.

Toyota does not sell the little bulbs by itself. You might have to buy the entire circuit board. ($55). I went to 5 different dealers in So Cal and they all told me the same thing.

I went on eBay and bought one off of a wrecked Celica for $20.

[Linked Image]
Really BAD reality TV is the reason I stopped watching MTV.
HiRo-CuBe
HiRo-CuBe May 8, 1:51am - #14951 
2000 Liquid Silver Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica

Riverside, CA
Mine burned out too, so I just installed a neon tube behind there and it lights up blue now =)

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous May 11, 3:35pm - #14952 
Unregistered

where did you get a neon tube that small? did you just break out the other bulb or something?