Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
hey i was just wondering about the TRD kit in the ecelica store...its $475 but how many pieces...do you get the front and rear bumber, side skirts and TRD wing?? seems like a deal!

ECelica Staff
ECelica Staff
you only get the lower fron lip, the rear valence , and both side skirts. no wing.

https://celicahobby.com/gallery/qsearch.php?q=WINGSWEST

take a look at this link it shows you want the body kit looks like.

the TRD style in the store is fiberglass, get the west wings instead it's urethane. same kit.

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
whats the difference between fiberglass and urethane?? what is the action package (fiberglass or urethane)?? how much would i be looking at to get a kit painted and installed on my car??

ECelica Staff
ECelica Staff
well, toyota came out with two types of the action package and the elegant style. the link before was the elegant also known as west wings

https://celicahobby.com/gallery/qsearch.php?q=TRD

this link is the action package, both are made of urethane

urethane is the same material as your stock components, so it is more resistant to wear. fiberglass comes in different qualities and if you've never dealt with body kits before go with urethane it will save you a headache in the long run.

as for install and paint I've heard price from $600.00 to $2000.00 so you'll have to call around and find out. the elegant package should be relativly cheap considering it is only a front lip and a rear valence and not entire bumpers.

https://celicahobby.com/feature/bodykits_faq.html

here's a body kit faq from isaac

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
I would suggest if you are looking to buy the TRD body kit, that you get it directly from your local TRD Dealership...

1) its genuine and the fitment is perfect thumbsup
2) its made from Urethane - Light weight high quality urethane thumbsup
3) comes pre-painted to perfectly match your celica's body color thumbsup

when you buy aftermarket you may need to modify the body kit to fit perfectly, you will need to have it color-matched, prepped and painted... and installed grin (this all comes to about the same price when you buy TRD STYLE or GENUINE TRD... but with genuine TRD, it will have all of the above listed qualities)

What would be the differences be between buying the "Action Package" and buying the TRD Style sides and rear and the mechanical front end? I was quoted a $620 price including shipping for those pieces at a different website. How much would the kit be from Toyota? Is it fiberglass from Toyota?
The action package is factory. The fitment is perfect, needless to say. The entire body kit is polyurethane. But, buying the entire kit from Toyota would probably be around $1500. Also, keep in mind, that the Action package pieces do not come pre-painted unlike the TRD. So you would need to add another $500 -$600 for paint.

TRD style kit are fiberglass. My suggestion is to get a front Mechanical bumper (action package front, they are the same) from Toyota, and finish off your kit with Wings West sides and rear skirt. You would have a kit that looks like the TRD kit and they would all be polyurethane. And Wings West are a lot cheap than the factory pieces.

FYI: Genuine TRD Body kit has been discontinued (ie, renamed) and is now called the "ACTION PACKAGE" front - it's basically the exact same thing except it now comes with the Toyota Badge in the center grill
grin

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com