Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 245
silverceli21
Member
silverceli21 Apr 5, 3:08pm - #145360 

Member
01 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 245
ma
apexi power fc

hey i need to know if this thing is worth buying and why...i know you can regulate fuel stuff and crap but does it give you Hp gains? and how much and does anyone have any cons? im getting ready to buy so need advice

SiLvErCeLi
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,248
Rocketman
Specialist
Rocketman Apr 5, 3:12pm - #145361 

Specialist
01 Toyota Celica

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,248
Idaho Falls, ID
Originally Posted by silverceli21
hey i need to know if this thing is worth buying and why...i know you can regulate fuel stuff and crap but does it give you Hp gains? and how much and does anyone have any cons? im getting ready to buy so need advice

Where have you been? This is one of the BEST mods for the GTS!!! Huge gains...no fuel cut off...ahh beautiful!

Furthermore Lucky just ran a 13.7 whith it!
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 245
silverceli21
Member
silverceli21 Apr 5, 3:15pm - #145362 

Member
01 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 245
ma
just for GTS??

SiLvErCeLi
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,043
trog2233
ECelica Staff
trog2233 Apr 5, 3:27pm - #145363 

ECelica Staff
2004 GMC Canyon Z-71

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,043
Williamsport, PA
dude...look up a couple posts...there are tons of posts about this thumbsup
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,619
LostAngel
Specialist
LostAngel Apr 5, 4:12pm - #145364 
Specialist

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,619
Pennsylvania
Originally Posted by silverceli21
just for GTS??

It's also available for the 1zz engine (MR2-Spyder and Celica GT). This is one of those mods that 'keeps on giving'. If you get a new mod, you can reprogram it for that mod and gain even more power. It looks like a sweet mod...**hint** **hint** Greg.. happywink
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 4,278
Virgilson
TheFilipinoCrew
Virgilson Apr 5, 4:56pm - #145365 

TheFilipinoCrew
2000 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 4,278
Pomona, CA
thumbsup thumbsup
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 375
Sparty
Member
Sparty Apr 5, 5:28pm - #145366 

Member
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 375
Michigan
i tried asking that same question... never got a clear answer... someone posted dyno results, it looks like its giving around 10 hp...
i was more interested in the real time... 0-60.. im still desperately trying to find easy mods to beat a wrx or so...
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,242
Lucky_317
Specialist
Lucky_317 Apr 5, 5:56pm - #145367 

Specialist
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,242
Fontana, CA
this is not hard to understand...

if you want 0-60 (very inaccurate way to measure gains)

use 8.896 @ 80 mph and see what my 0-60 came out to.

it's a great mod and thats all there is to it. If you are

1)if you are worried about the price this mod is not for you.

2) If you dont want to retune it - this mod is not for you


this mod is great for serious racers but for people who would be happy with things like I/H/E and thats it then this is not for them. this is more then a mod its a tool and like any other tool it can be worthless in the wrong hands.

BTW there is a sticky about this wink

like they said I just ran a 13.740 @ 101.13 mph N/A only mods being the AEM CAI, dr's, power fc. if thats not some good gains then I dunno what is.

Best 60' 1.959 best 1/4 - 13.7 @ 101mph
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,619
LostAngel
Specialist
LostAngel Apr 5, 6:20pm - #145368 
Specialist

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,619
Pennsylvania
Originally Posted by Lucky_317
this is not hard to understand...

if you want 0-60 (very inaccurate way to measure gains)

use 8.896 @ 80 mph and see what my 0-60 came out to.

it's a great mod and thats all there is to it. If you are

1)if you are worried about the price this mod is not for you.

2) If you dont want to retune it - this mod is not for you


this mod is great for serious racers but for people who would be happy with things like I/H/E and thats it then this is not for them. this is more then a mod its a tool and like any other tool it can be worthless in the wrong hands.

BTW there is a sticky about this wink

like they said I just ran a 13.740 @ 101.13 mph N/A only mods being the AEM CAI, dr's, power fc. if thats not some good gains then I dunno what is.

Like lucky said, if you think this mod is a lazy mod, dont get it! Your not gonna get the best gains by just buying it and popping it in. You will need too reprogram it for your car too make the best gains. You can see how much it helped lucky out, with such low amount of mods.
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,224
oas
Specialist
oas Apr 5, 7:19pm - #145369 
Specialist

Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,224
so will it work on a gt and cant any shop just prog it for peepz , must it be changed often or wath?
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,619
LostAngel
Specialist
LostAngel Apr 5, 7:21pm - #145370 
Specialist

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,619
Pennsylvania
Originally Posted by oas
so will it work on a gt and cant any shop just prog it for peepz , must it be changed often or wath?

MonkeyWrenchRacing states that the Chip works for the 1zz engine (MR2 Spyder and Celica GT). I dont think 'just any shop' can reprogram it due too you needing a special datalink. I also believe you should reprogram it with each mod you get. That way it is made to be optimised for the car that has the exhaust and Intake, instead of your 'old car' that just had exhaust.
Join the conversation - Register now or Sign in to add your comment


Moderated by  isaac 

Customize Your Toyota CelicaPrivacy Policy · About · Contact
CelicaHobby.com is an independent Toyota Celica enthusiast website. CelicaHobby.com is not sponsored by or affiliated with Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. in any way. The Toyota and Celica names and logos are trademarks owned by Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc.
© CelicaHobby.com, 2001-2016