Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2003 Toyota Celica GT
2003 Toyota Celica GT
ok guys i have a problem
a couple weeks ago my car was broken into. ive gotten evrything fixed excpt for the outer door handle of the drivers side. its pretty F***ed up. i cant stick my key in or anything and theres also some scratches on the area around it where it was pried

OK QUESTION... this will cost at least a couple hundred to get fixed right so I thought instead of just putting it back to stock I could shave the door handles. I wanted to get a door open clicker (lamen terms haha) anyways so i figured instead of getting the clicker and fixing it I could probably do the door shaving project for around the same price right?

basically i just want to know how much that costs from parts to body shop's time and supplies etc. and also just would like sum opinions from you guys so i know which way to go

get the Gilette mach 3 and some Edge shaving gel, that worked the best for me... JK.. what is shaving your doors?

black & blue 4 you
2000 Toyota Celica GT
black & blue 4 you
2000 Toyota Celica GT
if you shave ur doors you have to but this kit to pop open the doors it's a hydrolic kit don't know where i saw it and i forgot how much it cost but i bet it's over 200 dollars...

when ur shave ur door handels it's like covering them up so you don't have them their r some pics with a celica with shaven everything in the gallery

[Linked Image]
i've been changing but you'll never see me now
now i'm blaming you for everything

daa.. why would you want that? If the hydrolics go, you won't be able to get into your car (and hydrolics will eventually go).

i dont dink its a good idea and sorry about ur situation here. I bet i should be hella mad if it happend to me. Why wont you let insurance handle it? It's not your fault; it would be covered under "uninsured motorists." Also, a buddy of mine had his doors shaved on his hatchback, and the way he had to open it was from his back trunk lid. It was hella hilarious...He had a string attached to the inside door handle to the back of the trunk, so the only way he got his door open was from the back pulling the string allowing the door to open.

[Linked Image]

awww come on guys...i cant be the only celica/minitrucker guy on this board..

you can get a door "poper"..(the hydrolic thingy)..in different lbs.levels..a 50lb poper will open your door nice everytime..they are actually really realible and ive had mine on my truck for about 2 years now with no problems...also if you worried about them going out on you ..you can get a door handle relocated to the bottom of you car..so your door still looks shaved and all you got to do is power unlock it and if the popers go out ..pull the handle on the bottom of the door

dont know how much or shop time cause i did my own ..hope this helps

Build faster than N/A

ECelica Staff
ECelica Staff
I just say don't do it.

IMO shaved doors only look really good on those custom old hot rods.

auto-loc makes universal shaved door handle kits, they also make some lambo door kits, but i bet those will be a pain in the ass to install.
check out www.autoloc.com [autoloc.com]
they say the shaved door kits are really reliable because of the materials they use, so i would say go for it!

rip celi...
95 240sx

2003 Toyota Celica GT
2003 Toyota Celica GT
hey guys, thanks for all ur help. i know that the solenoid kit itself costs about 300 if i get the best one but i was jw if anyone knew how much this would cost at a body shop and if that would be much more than what the body shop would charge to just put the handle back on and install a keyless remote entry system.

cuz see the keyless remote is sumthin i want to have and dont which costs between 100-200 for the kit. so i know that for the kits the dif in price would only be 100 but i was wondering how much of a difference in price the 2 projects would be on the body shops side. And I want my doors shaved in the wells which is a commonly asked question when i mention this prject. I do want that smooth look not just on the handle itself but on the well of the door. If anyone knows please inform me b4 i make a huge mistake. THANKS

2003 Toyota Celica GT
2003 Toyota Celica GT
ttt