Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#1437 Nov 7, 2:28am
i just got rolled right now...it was midnight.. taking my friend home.. and the irvine police department decided to write me a ticket for my loudass exhaust...i lied to him tellin him that it was TRD.. but shit.. he didn buy it..he knew his shit

i got a freakin fix it ticket... and another one for not having a proof of insurance...

when are they gonna stop harassing us? this is my SECOND fix it ticket damn it...ugh

Man, that's nothing to complain about. I've had 6 speeding tickets, 1 careless and wreckless, 2 noise pollution, and 1 DWI. Trust me, you're not that bad off! In NC they take ur gd license for a year with a DWI. Shit, I'm still waiting to get it back! Come onnnnnnnnn March!

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much damn space!
2000 Black GTS
AEM CAI
HKS Hi-Power Cat-back
AEM Strut Tower Brace
AEM Tru-Power Pulley
TRD Quick Shift Kit
Momo Gear Knob
Euro Clear Side Markers
Carbon Fiber Taillights
Carbon Fiber Dash Insert
Konig Absolute Opal 18s
Nitto NT 555 225/35ZR-18s
TRD Performance Springs
Coming soon...
TRD LSD
TRD Header & Downpipe
Hi-Flo Cat
Head Port n Polish
Apex-i SAFC
Body Kit

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
We are all feeling your pain bro -

I got dropped by AAA Ins... actualy, they wanted $6k/yr to cover me [Mad]

...so i moved to progressive for $2k/yr thumbsup

[ 11-07-2002, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: isaac ]

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com

isaac #1440 Nov 7, 11:39am
6k? Holy shit, you must be battling me for most insurance points in America. I think I have like 16 or something. Next time the bastards have to catch me!

2000 Black GTS
AEM CAI
HKS Hi-Power Cat-back
AEM Strut Tower Brace
AEM Tru-Power Pulley
TRD Quick Shift Kit
Momo Gear Knob
Euro Clear Side Markers
Carbon Fiber Taillights
Carbon Fiber Dash Insert
Konig Absolute Opal 18s
TRD Performance Springs
Coming soon...
TRD LSD
TRD Header & Downpipe
Hi-Flo Cat
Head Port n Polish
Apex-i SAFC
Body Kit

True that I would agree that law enforcment officers are likely to have homosexual tendancies.
I get fucked all the time by them.
BIGROLLER <------- STEP 19

Ya the police are just out to screw with people that have nice cars. I get pulled over all the time. And I've seen my fair share of court room time. Those stupid ass cops think I'm going to let them give me a ticket! HELL NO! [Mad] I see their asses in court and I've won most of my cases lol... I don't let those assholes jerk me around. Though I have had my fair of speeding tickets.. rofl I still say thumbsdown with the police!! thumbsup

Let me get my TOOL
That's not a tool that's a DAMN BRICK!

i just got pulled over the other day, i was late for class and i was ripping through some side streets looking for a parkin spot and the fucker heard me coming and got in the middle of the road and stopped me, too bad there was nothing he could do bout it because he had no idea how fast i was goin grin bastard did make me 20 minutes late for class tho [Mad]

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Lol, good lord Michael, and I thought I had a bad record. So far I've had 4 tickets, one 4 pointer and three 6 pointers. The last two six pointers I got were less than 10 hours apart. I got a 71 in a 35 friday night and then the next morning I got a wreckless driving charge. Now just to make sure ya'll don't think I'm out to slaughter people by driving 71 through a neighborhood, there's a stretch of highway near me where the speed limit slows to 35 mph. But there's something that sets me apart. I've done all this and more in not a Celica, but a Camry grin The Celica comes in December, just think about what I'll be able to do then shocked

(If anyone wants to swap "evasion" stories, just lemme know, I've had a few hum dingers grin )

[ 11-07-2002, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: XxMerlinxX ]

[Linked Image]

I got pulled right when i got my license(around a yr ago & half ago) and had some beer in the back. I did some quick moves to get away but he got me after he turned around lol. Neways he said he was gonna charge me w/ possession of alcohol, wreckless driving and aiding minors w/ alcohol(had some friends w/ me). Neways the fat bastard ended up smokin on his pipe and callin like 3 other cops up there. They tried to say i had weed and my car smelled like it when i dont even smoke confused They ended up calling my mom @ 2:30 am and she had to friggin drive 35 minutes away to pick me up. Ended up w/ no tickets, ass holes just wanted to try and scare me and make a scene. thumbsdown
[Linked Image from needforreed.com] thumbsdown thumbsdown thumbsdown thumbsdown

2002 Celica GT-S Spectra Blue:
TRD Action Package
TRD Lowering Springs
18 Quantum Tek Wheels
Alpine CVA-1005 Indash TV
Alpine DVA-5200 Indash DVD
20% Window Tint
Viper 500ESP Alarm
S2k Antenna
MTEC Lighting Package
--------------
Hypnotized
Charlotte, N.C.

Bad things to say to a cop after he pulled you over... grin

Banners on this web page will make it "not work safe".

http://www.ampland.com/humor/police.html

Alpine, lets take a shit on the hood of that Char/Meck pigmobile.

2000 Black GTS
AEM CAI
HKS Hi-Power Cat-back
AEM Strut Tower Brace
AEM Tru-Power Pulley
TRD Quick Shift Kit
Momo Gear Knob
Euro Clear Side Markers
Carbon Fiber Taillights
Carbon Fiber Dash Insert
Konig Absolute Opal 18s
TRD Performance Springs
Coming soon...
TRD LSD
TRD Header & Downpipe
Hi-Flo Cat
Head Port n Polish
Apex-i SAFC
Body Kit

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Originally posted by edge202:
Bad things to say to a cop after he pulled you over... grin

Banners on this web page will make it "not work safe".

http://www.ampland.com/humor/police.html
I've actualy used a one of those... and got OUT of a ticket spineyes
The officer knew I was being sarcastic and thought it was the most funniest thing he ever heard!

**I was trying to keep up with traffic. Yes, I know there is no other car around, that's how far they are ahead of me.

[Linked Image]

yes police are really gay. they have nothing better to do besides eating doghnuts and being gay

Don't argue with an idiot. First they will bring you down to there level than beat you with experience.

Girls don't like boys, Girls like Cars and Money.

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
[Linked Image from policecarmodels.com]

[Linked Image]

Here as in any other part of the world, policemen are a pain in the ass. my car isn't a year old yet and i already have 2 tickets for my exhaust plus the court citations for both, 5 speeding tickets, 3 tickets for window tints. they are definitely gay, gay gay gay!!!!!

2002 Black Celica GT
=====================
TRD Rear Wing
Hoodscoop
Revmotion Frontlip
TYC Red Taillights
Magnaflow Exhaust
OBX Cold Air Intake
OBX Short Shifter
Indiglow Dash Overlay
Carbon Fiber Dash Insert
Matrix Lowering Springs
S2k Antenna

Hey, all you guys who got "exhaust tickets", what was the ticket for? No recon sticker? Too loud? Im waitin' on my TRD extended, but I didnt know that exhaust tickets even exsisted..?

Originally posted by RedHotGTS:
Hey, all you guys who got "exhaust tickets", what was the ticket for? No recon sticker? Too loud? Im waitin' on my TRD extended, but I didnt know that exhaust tickets even exsisted..?
You will be just fine with the TRD Extended exhaust. Its not lound at all. It makes a deeper exhaust note though.

I got a ticket from some jerk of a cop for my extended exhaust. I had the TRD certificate and even the reciept showing i had it bought at the dealership and put on at the dealership(if its installed by the dealer its warrantied for the rest of the cars warranty)and the cop still wrote me up a ticket and said to take it up with the judge. Even lied to me and told me my exhaust cant be louder than the origional. I have read the damn vehicle code and in the first paragraph it says that, however at the end it says you can modify it if you follow certain guidelines. Like it has to be under 95dba sound level and carry all the origional smog equipment (if applicable). So i went to court and shoved it into the cops face and even made him look like an ass for lying!!!!

needles to say i won. Damn stupid jerk of a cop. Wrote me a ticket to waste my time and my tax money on some stupid court case!

The part what erks me off is that I have a 71 ford mustang with single chamber flowmasters, with an exhaust so loud it vibrates pictures off the house wall, i have never once been harassed by cops about my exhaust in that car! But as soon as i get behind the wheel of my celica WITH a legal exhaust i get harrassed. That sucks!

my 2 cents

Controlled Inertia
President
8.831 @ 79.8 mph (best 1/8 new motor 12/02/04)
2.007 (best 60')
All motor

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
you should probably print out the following article and keep it in your car if you live in california...

"CHP INOFRMATION BULLETIN: AN EXHAUST NOISE STANDARD TO GUIDE ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS, AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURES AND CONSUMERS"
https://celicahobby.com/tech/pdf/CHP_Bulletin-Exhaust.pdf

...this AND your TRD Exhaust certificates

READ where is states -

The only drivers who should be cited are those whose vehicles:
1) are not equipped with a miffler;
2) clearly emit an offensive, harsh, excessive noise, or;
3) have a clearly defective exhaust system (holes, leakes, etc.).

[ 11-10-2002, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: isaac ]

[Linked Image]

isaac #1455 Nov 10, 7:10pm
Wow... those are harsh stories about cops.

I have had alright experiences by cops. I've been pulled over twice because of speeding (both of them were my fault) and once for clear taillights (that was like 4 years ago LOL).

I was harassed pretty badly in San Diego. It was the night before Import Showoff in Del Mar and my friend and I needed to burn gas so we can get into the venue the next day. So, we were driving around (he has a blue veilside celica) and then a traffic control cop saw both of us and we both saw her go to her shoulder mounted radio.

Then she let us go and we made a u-turn. OUT OF NOWHERE a bike cop comes out and pulls us both over. FOR NOTHING. He didn't catch us speeding, racing, or ANYTHING. He just harassed both of us and we kept on telling him that we had show cars... not street racing cars. Needless to say he let us go. Luckly, he let my friend go because his GTS is turbo charged. The cop had no idea about cars, so we were lucky.

Yukio Taira
Team SC3 Founding member and Show Division Captain.