Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

I only count six speakers. whats the deal? Also I have been noticing a popping type sound from the rear right hand side when cornering hard to the left. Originally I thought it was the end muffler piece slapping up against the frame. Check right next to that last muffler section and you will see what piece im referring to. I dont think this is it thought because the popping sound is quick (if you know what I mean) Now im thinking my spring is bending funny. I found no visible problems the last time I had that wheel off. I guess it could be any arm back there too. I have no Idea help!

Check out my profile sweet rides!

www.cardomain.com\id\gtstrd2000 [cardomain.com\id\gtstrd2000]

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
You only count six speakers? How many are there supposed to be? I do not think the popping noise is your spring or your muffler. Are you positive it's coming from the rear and not the front. Could be your drive axle (but that is in the front). A good way to check is to go into a parking lot with a friend. Have your friend stand outside while you duplicate the sound. Hopefully that points you in the right direction. Good luck.

Dan

Freakin everywhere I look they say 8 speakers. Are they just counting the back speakers as two way? if so the front midranges are two way also. I dunno. check out my rides

www.cardomain.com\id\gtstrd2000 [cardomain.com\id\gtstrd2000] tell me what you think.

[ 05-01-2003, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: gtstrd2000 ]

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
8 speakers! wow. I've never counted. Did you count the two tweeters? They do not count 2 way speakers as two speakers.
As for your rides, looks good because its a celica, but it looks stock. You need to start doing some modding.

All ive done is paint my calipers and put in a K&N air filter. Dude money man! Like my girls car?

k&n is not good. in the most resent import tuner they took a rsx-s and they stuck a whole bunch of different intakes in it, then dyno'd them. the k&n drop in had -.1hp loss and 0 torque gain. the rsx-s and the gts are a lot the same so i can would think about the same results would happen with a k&n drop in in the celi. sorry i sound like im diss'n ya man, but im just informing.

GT300 body kit on, getting fitted, doing install myself.
pics comin as soon as my kit is here and painted...

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Hehe, yes, there are 8 speakers. In the door, they've got a pair of speakers stacked ontop of each other. The Mid-range and the bass. That's why you only count 6.

[Linked Image]

Jeremy,

Sorry I didnt really make that clear..I dont have the money for lovely mods yet. frown I bought the K&N because I was able to convince my girl that it was needed. mine was old. No offense taken. right now I would not even thinking about trying to warrant an intake or exhaust yet. One day.

Im new and I would just like to say its nice to see folks who are as exited about thier celica as I am. cheers

has there been a shoot out yet on exhaust yet? maybe <I think it> was magna flow direct fit replacement exhaust is nice. That might be too new. blitz NUR spec; greddy aaaa which one is the best. all about gains. sound is cool wieght is cool but I want to beat that freakin VW GTI 1.8 that won last night on the way home from work. I looked it up...173 pounds of tourqe at freakin 1950 rpm 180 hp at 5500. jerk and to think I thought I could win its got a turbo!!

. what was the best intake? AEM? . now that you guys got me started.

[ 05-01-2003, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: gtstrd2000 ]

2000 Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
Here I go again...
Best PERFORMANCE exhaut...TRD
As for CAI, Ingen is 1hp greater than AEM, but AEM is 3-4 tq greater than Ingen. All depends. I have Ingen, but would probably go AEM if I had to do all over just because celica needs more low end (torque) then it does hp. Hope that helped. And yeah, the speakers are stacked.

Thanks Supra_celica ease of install on the AEM Versus Injen?

jeremy,

Im interested to see that Gs300 kit after paint. Its not red is it?

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
It is said that the AEM install is a tad easier, but the filter is difficult to get on. I wouldn't know. I have the Injen and I love it. AEM owners have also been known to have more problems with the CEL (check engine light) after install. But I wouldn't know why or anything about that. You would have to talk to the AEM owners.

black & blue 4 you
2000 Toyota Celica GT
black & blue 4 you
2000 Toyota Celica GT
yeah installing the AEM intake was easy but the filter is a pain but i love it but i have a gt but i bet it would be the same on the gts and with the cel light just disconnect ur battery for like 5 mins and i heard it comes on cause ur bringing in more air (that's what i heard )

[Linked Image]
i've been changing but you'll never see me now
now i'm blaming you for everything

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
The Injen also looks better under the hood thumbsup

why does everyone always say torque when they mean low end??? HP = Torque x (RPM/5252).. TO GET MORE POWER ANYWHERE.. you nead TORQUE at that RPM.. LOW END is low RPM torque, HIGH END is high RPM torque... plain and simple.. Torque is not low end and Hp is not high end... in fact torque and HP are always = at 5252 RPM... these are the facts..

Anyway, intake should be your first mod IMO.. AEM is awesome, and does give you more low end torque than Injen, however injen avereages better across the powerband, so if you want all around gain go injen, if you want more torque at 3000-4000rpm go AEM.

Im stilled pissed about this popping noise..it sounds like a freakin bolt slidding across a grooved van floor (lots of grooves)when you turn...yeah id have to be crazy to think its anywhere other than the back right. If its not I need a hearing aid.

ECelica Staff
ECelica Staff
Originally posted by gtstrd2000:
Im stilled pissed about this popping noise..it sounds like a freakin bolt slidding across a grooved van floor (lots of grooves)when you turn...yeah id have to be crazy to think its anywhere other than the back right. If its not I need a hearing aid.
rofl im sure you'll find it

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
Take a look at your drive axle boots. Look under your car from the front so you can see the inside of the wheel. You will see a shaft with a black rubber boot next to the wheel (connects to the rotor). Is the boot torn? If it is, then you need drive axles. They make the noise you describe when you turn, but they are on the front not the rear. If it is definitely the rear, have someone stand outside and listen to it. Other than that, I'm all out of ideas.