alright stay with me now... im planning on gettin a 2 ohm 12" Alpine Type R sub and a bandpass (dual ported) box and a alpine mono amp that puts out 350 amps at 2 ohms!
1. it says i need a 8 gauge wiring kit (i think) but i no nothing about wiring kits, what are good kits?? like brands
2. im also plannin on upgrading my speakers soon, would it sound alright if i just upgraded the 6 1/2's and not the tweaters? also do you need 4 new 6 1/2's?
3. what in the difference in sound in bandpass, ported, and sealed boxes??
just a couple things to add
1. while your doing all this you might as well upgrade to 4 gauge wire just in case you add more audio later, unless your worried about the weight issue.
2. its really your choice on whether or not to keep the tweeters. i would say it isnt worth it because of the location of the door speakers. the midrange is located in a very poor spot, directed right at your left calf. having a componant system will result with just hearing the tweeter nad not the midrange.
3. bandpass - hardest hitting/low quality
ported - harder hitting/ok quality
sealed - hard hitting/good quality