Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#13941 Apr 27, 6:38pm
2001 Toyota Celica
2001 Toyota Celica
Is there a way to make a switch or a button to cut off all the lights to a car, break lights most importantly. Like your driving down a road and you dont want your break lights being seen so you would hit this button or switch then presto no lights... You dont need to go into detail about how to do it I just want to know if it can safely be done.

ECelica Staff
ECelica Staff
yeah just interrupt the fuse for the tail lights.

verry illegal man, in most states they will impound your car and auction it off if they find you did this. It's considered an "evasion modification" which is illegal nation-wide (in fact it's a felony, which is why they will throw your butt in jail and take your car if you get busted).

[ 04-27-2003, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: FX-MAN ]

ECelica Staff
ECelica Staff
Originally posted by FX-MAN:
verry illegal man, in most states they will impound your car and auction it off if they find you did this. It's considered an "evasion modification" which is illegal nation-wide (in fact it's a felony, which is why they will throw your butt in jail and take your car if you get busted).
same thing if you cut through a gas station, etc ... to make a turn at a intersection

?? evasion modification is a MUCH stiffer fine than avoiding a traffic signal, that's called a moving violation and is a small fine.. (avoiding and EVADING are VERY different things). Felony Evasion is when you intentionally do something to not get caught when you are breaking the law (like modifying your car so you can kill your tail lights at night)... that is a totally different story...

ECelica Staff
ECelica Staff
true true I had a friends that had a completely blacked out car with the night-vision system ... it was totally cool to go cruising around at night with nothing on ... totally quiet too ...

haven;t seen him in a while wonder if he's stiil got it

2001 Toyota Celica
2001 Toyota Celica
Yeah I just wanted to know if it was possible thanks...

How can they catch you for evoiding a traffic light by turning into a gas station, you could BS your way out of it.

Loth #13948 Apr 27, 10:22pm
when you cut through the gas station and drive out the other side.. I got busted for it once back in highschool, they pin you on the other side as you come out. I said I thought I needed gas, then decided I didn't have time... cop didn't buy it, and the ticket was $200 (which back in highschool was a boatload of cash for me)!

[ 04-27-2003, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: FX-MAN ]

ECelica Staff
ECelica Staff

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
LOL! i was thinking about this too. mine was a little more inventive tho smile i want to re wire a radar detector or something. as soon as it picks up a signal, it disconnects your brake lights. either that or automatically shuts off your fuel. but whenever i see a cop, even if im not speeding i brake and put my turn signal on to make it look like im slowing down for a turn. then after he passes i get back on my way. ive never gotten a speeding ticket in my celi ::knocks on wood:: but i do speed quite often without a radar detector. my friend owns a cougar, he says he pulls the ebrake cause his brake lights dont go on when he uses the ebrake. i dunno?

ECelica Staff
ECelica Staff
Originally posted by eNinja:
LOL! i was thinking about this too. mine was a little more inventive tho smile i want to re wire a radar detector or something. as soon as it picks up a signal, it disconnects your brake lights. either that or automatically shuts off your fuel. but whenever i see a cop, even if im not speeding i brake and put my turn signal on to make it look like im slowing down for a turn. then after he passes i get back on my way. ive never gotten a speeding ticket in my celi ::knocks on wood:: but i do speed quite often without a radar detector. my friend owns a cougar, he says he pulls the ebrake cause his brake lights dont go on when he uses the ebrake. i dunno?
yeah the ebrake idea would work ...as for the radar detector ... you would have to use the beeper, instead of the beeper going off it would disconnect your lights...gonna take some soldering skills to pull that one off. same deal as my diagram only you have to use a low voltage conductive relay to close to power the other ones.

Neat idea thumbsup thumbsup risky too ...