Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

I hope this is the right area for this post. I was wondering if anyone here has gotten a photo-radar speeding ticket. My wife recently got one and I am trying to come up with ways to avoid the problem since their are many of these things being installed in our area. I have come up with either removing the front license plate(not-so-good-idea) or putting the front license plate on a hinge with some type of manual pushrod that will keep it pushed down(if cops are near) or out-of-sight. This way she can retract the license plate when needed. Anyone ever tried this or have any suggestions? Thanks!

cheers

Scott
1995 Eagle Talon TSI AWD (blue)
1995 Eagle Talon TSI AWD (red)
2000 Toyota Celica GT-S (red)

Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Good news/bad news: I don't have a new idea, but I think the one you have about hinge would work.. you just better come up with a really good story to explain why you have your license on a hinge in case you get caught red handed.

[Linked Image]

ECelica Staff
ECelica Staff
Don't speed thumbsup

Anyways, that hinge thing will work for the most part. One of my friends did it on his prelude until he got caught. Cop gave him a ticket for unclear license plate (front) because he saw him with no plate and then he got pulled over and he had one.

Upon closer inspection the cop asked that exact same question ... "what's with the hinge and cable ?" he was busted rofl

According the law the front license plate has to be securely fastened to the front bumper in a vertical position.

Good Luck thumbsup

oh yeah i;m sure your gonna be bound to forget if your plate is up or down anyway...eventually

[ 04-26-2003, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: RicePowered ]

Originally posted by EvanJ:
Good news/bad news: I don't have a new idea, but I think the one you have about hinge would work.. you just better come up with a really good story to explain why you have your license on a hinge in case you get caught red handed.
well, since it is my wife's car "when I purchased it, it was like that and I dont know how to fix it." You know chicks can play that off real well.

[ 04-26-2003, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: awdturbo ]

Scott

1989 GMC 1500 pickup
1989 GMC 1500 pickup
How about this Stealth Plate [second-look.com] ?

[ 04-26-2003, 07:48 PM: Message edited by: RacerX225 ]

"Champions train, losers complain."

I heard that they sale a spray the when sprayed on the license plate, then the photo is taken the flash of the camera flashes back to the lens
causing it to get a white blank photo.What sucks is that I don't know where to get it sorry!
cry

Stock is the BEST!! J/K
http://www.realultimatepower.net/
Click to get a good Laugh^^

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
just don't speed and it won't happen. The only picture tickets I know of around here are if you drive through EZ-Pass without the module up in the right place or even there, a camera takes a photo of your rear license plate, then in the mail you receive the picture of it and a ticket for not have the EZ-Pass.

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL

Then just spray both front and back..!!!!! grin

Stock is the BEST!! J/K
http://www.realultimatepower.net/
Click to get a good Laugh^^

Originally posted by TRDGTS014:
[QB]just don't speed and it won't happen. The only picture tickets I know of around here are [QB]
Unfortunently my wife is the driver and I seem to have no control or influence over her speeding. She has got a lead foot when she is drivin her TSI AWD... Although I must say it is great sittin in the pass. seat when she smokes honda's/etc. Beaten by a chick! She's got a Valentine 1 detector and everything. I'm just tryin to reduce the ticket costs.. grin

Scott

black & blue 4 you
2000 Toyota Celica GT
black & blue 4 you
2000 Toyota Celica GT
i don't have the front license plate on my car over here they don't care i've gotten pulled over for speeding and they never said anything about me needing a front license plate but i guess that's just over here

[Linked Image]
i've been changing but you'll never see me now
now i'm blaming you for everything

have you considered... NOT SPEEDING??

Kim
GOD
2002 Toyota Celica GT
GOD
2002 Toyota Celica GT
actually, i've seen this licsense plate claer plexiglass cover that is made so that when the flash of the camera goes off the light is caught in small crystals, which in-turn relfect the light and show up as a white blank liscense plate. but it is illegal in the US. some BMW catelog had it i think it was called "Bimmer" something or other. oh and the cover alsoo made it impossible to the the liscense plate from any other besides directly in front.

[Linked Image]

ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
japanese style radar machine
[Linked Image from plaza.umin.ac.jp]

my answer

Satoshi from JAPAN