Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 4
economizer0
New Member
economizer0 Mar 28, 8:11pm - #137672 
1991 white Toyota Celica GT
New Member
1991 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 4
ca
is a 91 GT Celica worth tricking out?

alright i just got a white GT 91 celica...completely stock... except for the alarm chip thingy.

i was just wondering if i should put anything on it like Turbos.Intake and other such stuff...

good deal or dont waste money..

i could have my dad install most of the stuff...since hes a lead toyota mechanic...

honest replies please!
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 634
RacerX225
Senior Member
RacerX225 Mar 28, 8:18pm - #137673 
Senior Member
1989 GMC 1500 pickup

Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 634
CA, Nor*cal
Nope..Just drive it for a daily driver and save up for a better car.

"Champions train, losers complain."




Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 517
Krayze
Senior Member
Krayze Mar 28, 10:00pm - #137674 

Senior Member

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 517
Pittsburgh, PA
dude you can make it a baddass sleepr for real get a 3sgte adn it will moutn up perfectly make huge amoutns of power adn beat all 7th gens.

plus its not bad to look at and it handles pretty good too.


assuming that 91 was teh 5th gen am i correct?

67 mustang fastback
289 v8
soon to have 5 spd
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 10,123
VSGTS14
05 WRB
VSGTS14 Mar 28, 11:51pm - #137675 

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi

Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 10,123
Milford, NJ
no

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 22
DoubleTap
Member
DoubleTap Mar 29, 12:13am - #137676 
1991 White Toyota Celica GT
Member
1991 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 22
Ontario, Canada
save your money. I got a 91GT, I upgraded the sound system and thats it. The 5SFE isnt that great of an engine, and aftermarket parts are rare. Most stuff would have to be custom made.
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 986
BReakinDrifTs
Senior Member
BReakinDrifTs Mar 29, 12:16am - #137677 
Senior Member

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 986
Valencia, CA
Well if you want to, you could swap in a 3SGTE engine, personally though, I would save up for a nicer looking car with more potential thumbsup
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 555
Vampyre
Senior Member
Vampyre Mar 29, 12:27am - #137678 

Senior Member
2003 Toyota Celica

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 555
British Columbia, Canada
Originally Posted by BReakinDrifTs
Well if you want to, you could swap in a 3SGTE engine, personally though, I would save up for a nicer looking car with more potential thumbsup


Yes, if you can do a 3sgte swap, they are incredibly engines for tuning.. upwards of 300hp+ with stock internals I believe. Plus the older gens. can look pretty nice imo.

Linked Image
1869902276-kihacelicar2.jpg

~* Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep *~
- Nocturnal Supremacy -
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 517
Krayze
Senior Member
Krayze Mar 29, 1:41am - #137679 

Senior Member

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 517
Pittsburgh, PA
imho i would mod the hell out of it they have more of a aftermarket backing than we do.

they look jstu as good in my opinion and with a 3sgte they will kick major major ass.


67 mustang fastback
289 v8
soon to have 5 spd
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 460
theretiredpimp
Senior Member
theretiredpimp Mar 29, 2:46am - #137680 

Senior Member
2000 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 460
Camden, NJ
I'd save up for a better car. But it's your car, your money, your choice. Do whatever you feel like doing.

They call me Superman, leap tall hoes in a single bound...
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,269
NorwayGT
Specialist
NorwayGT Mar 29, 2:49am - #137681 

Specialist
2004 Dodge SRT4

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,269
Seattle, WA
keep the car stock and save for a speed bike grin that will give you all the speed you can handle

was....5speed with i/h/e
15.41 @ 89.30mph 2.282 60'

is....04 srt4 stock
13.936 100.15mph 2.177 60'
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,269
NorwayGT
Specialist
NorwayGT Mar 29, 2:49am - #137682 

Specialist
2004 Dodge SRT4

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,269
Seattle, WA
Originally Posted by Vampyre
Originally Posted by BReakinDrifTs
Well if you want to, you could swap in a 3SGTE engine, personally though, I would save up for a nicer looking car with more potential thumbsup


Yes, if you can do a 3sgte swap, they are incredibly engines for tuning.. upwards of 300hp+ with stock internals I believe. Plus the older gens. can look pretty nice imo.

Linked Image

i really like the black one thumbsup

was....5speed with i/h/e
15.41 @ 89.30mph 2.282 60'

is....04 srt4 stock
13.936 100.15mph 2.177 60'
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 815
5280vvti
Senior Member
5280vvti Mar 29, 2:52am - #137683 

Senior Member
2002 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 815
CO

If you like the car, and aren't planning on getting anything else then go for it, see what you can make of it. smile
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 133
faran325
Member
faran325 Mar 29, 5:16am - #137684 

Member
2004 Toyota Celica

Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 133
East Bay, CA
Anything's worth doing if you put your mind into it...and money probably too! So I say, trick that celi out!
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 4
economizer0
New Member
economizer0 Mar 29, 5:48pm - #137685 
1991 white Toyota Celica GT
New Member
1991 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 4
ca
so the 3sgte is a all-trac Turbo engine?

and how much would the engine cost you think?
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 5,346
spaztikid
dikitzaps
spaztikid Mar 29, 6:26pm - #137686 
dikitzaps
1974 Toyota Celica

Joined: May 2003
Posts: 5,346
LA
about 2 g's on ebay...


check it out...

mind you, i'd do what Norway said... and get a crotch rocket instead.
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,408
CelicaRacer05
Specialist
CelicaRacer05 Mar 29, 6:57pm - #137687 

Specialist
2000 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,408
Englewood, CO
Originally Posted by NorwayGT
Originally Posted by Vampyre
Originally Posted by BReakinDrifTs
Well if you want to, you could swap in a 3SGTE engine, personally though, I would save up for a nicer looking car with more potential thumbsup


Yes, if you can do a 3sgte swap, they are incredibly engines for tuning.. upwards of 300hp+ with stock internals I believe. Plus the older gens. can look pretty nice imo.

Linked Image

i really like the black one thumbsup


ditto... sleeper looking too..
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 242
hybridcelica
Member
hybridcelica Mar 29, 7:24pm - #137688 
2000 silver/blue Toyota Celica
Member
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 242
virgin islands
Originally Posted by economizer0
alright i just got a white GT 91 celica i was just wondering if i should put anything on it like Turbos.Intake and other such stuff...

honest replies please!


turbo charging is out of the question.not the 5sfe!
the 3sgte swappe is a good idea,but it can get a little expensive.(and since you are asking the question,i'm assuming you dont know anything about the 3sgte and what is necessary to do a swappe into a 5th or 6th gen celica.

i say,Cold Air Intake,headers,hi flo cat,(relocate cat where stock resonator is now) a 2 1/2 inch custom exhaust(along with 12" long 2 1/2" flex to clear crossmember) with a evo 2(greddy style pan)the exhaust needs a lot of sound clamping cause its loud as fu.ck without the resonator thats why a cannister type muffler would not work to good.of course if you dont mind the slight drop in power for the noise level,ni style is the way to go.
unorthodox crank pulley,fuel preasure regulator,act 6 puck clutch,advance timing to 13 degrees,bump preasure to 55 psi and go ice some honda Rs! you can leave the timing at 10 degrees and squeeze 100 shot nx comfortable on the 5sfe motor!
if you want a couple of "tricks" if you decide to go the bolt on with nitro way,i can hook you up

HYBRID:resulting from the combination of two or more mechanically dissimilar origins!
"...... code":every man is a shadow,let him be treated as such,until proven otherwise by a show of character or code!
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 169
SatinSilverGTS
Member
SatinSilverGTS Mar 29, 8:13pm - #137689 

Member
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 169
Indy
Originally Posted by 5280vvti

If you like the car, and aren't planning on getting anything else then go for it, see what you can make of it. smile
thumbsup

Remeber this when trying to out run the Police "There Isnt a car on earth that can out run the ole Motorola!"
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 4
economizer0
New Member
economizer0 Mar 31, 5:19pm - #137690 
1991 white Toyota Celica GT
New Member
1991 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 4
ca
Originally Posted by hybridcelica
Originally Posted by economizer0
alright i just got a white GT 91 celica i was just wondering if i should put anything on it like Turbos.Intake and other such stuff...

honest replies please!


turbo charging is out of the question.not the 5sfe!
the 3sgte swappe is a good idea,but it can get a little expensive.(and since you are asking the question,i'm assuming you dont know anything about the 3sgte and what is necessary to do a swappe into a 5th or 6th gen celica.

i say,Cold Air Intake,headers,hi flo cat,(relocate cat where stock resonator is now) a 2 1/2 inch custom exhaust(along with 12" long 2 1/2" flex to clear crossmember) with a evo 2(greddy style pan)the exhaust needs a lot of sound clamping cause its loud as fu.ck without the resonator thats why a cannister type muffler would not work to good.of course if you dont mind the slight drop in power for the noise level,ni style is the way to go.
unorthodox crank pulley,fuel preasure regulator,act 6 puck clutch,advance timing to 13 degrees,bump preasure to 55 psi and go ice some honda Rs! you can leave the timing at 10 degrees and squeeze 100 shot nx comfortable on the 5sfe motor!
if you want a couple of "tricks" if you decide to go the bolt on with nitro way,i can hook you up



hey...umm in english.. smile
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 184
jspecstarz
Member
jspecstarz Apr 8, 4:08am - #137691 

Member
2002 Toyota Celica GTS

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 184
GUAM, USA
hell yah! especially if you the liftback type! thumbsup
Join the conversation - Register now or Sign in to add your comment


Moderated by  isaac 

Customize Your Toyota CelicaPrivacy Policy · About · Contact
CelicaHobby.com is an independent Toyota Celica enthusiast website. CelicaHobby.com is not sponsored by or affiliated with Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. in any way. The Toyota and Celica names and logos are trademarks owned by Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc.
© CelicaHobby.com, 2001-2016