New Reply
Print Thread
adamj5
adamj5 Mar 24, 4:39pm - #133560 
2000 Red Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS

US
Fiberglass and chipping paint.

Im curious i have Urethane front and back bumpers and Fiberglass sides.

I have ZERO chips on the Urethane but the Fiberglass is chipping BAD. Do all Fiberglass parts chip horribly or does the quality of the paint and paint job effect it greatly?

I can get the sides repainted...but im curious if i use name brand paint and hardners will this solve my chiping sides or will I have to get some clear film?

Thanks.
teamshowgon
teamshowgon Mar 24, 5:14pm - #133561 

my Fiberglass kit doesnt chip paint, but my Urethane front does... DAMNIT we are totally opposite...
Speed4TheNeed
Caleb
Speed4TheNeed Mar 24, 5:18pm - #133562 

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica

New Orleans, LA
fiberglass is famous for chipping.

urethane is famous for paint peeling off in patches.

if done right (professional-grade), you shouldn't have problems with either, although Fiberglass tends to chip more than Urethane tends to peel, if you get what i'm saying.

any rock, branch, etc that you hit with your Fiberglass front bumper is a chip waiting to happen. Fiberglass gives 0, while Urethane gives a LOT.
berto
berto Mar 24, 8:13pm - #133563 
2002 Navy Blue Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT

Lethbridge
i have a veilside kit and the same thing is happening to me. I had to take my celi to the shop to get repainted. But the only difference is that sometimes my kit starts to crack. The shop told me that it was the clear coat that the body kit comes with that was cracking. The thing is that it keeps happening and i don't know what to do.
cry