Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#13343 Nov 23, 12:35pm
2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
does anyone know stats for S/C... like the new 1/4 mile times,HP,any info would Help...Im also looking for cams /cam gears and stats for that stuff ...NEED HP

its the truth officer the gas pedal was stuck !!!

i was just looking at some magazine yesterday i forget which one, but they had injen CAI, veilside teardrop exhaust, and the blitz supercharger. but they had to take off the CAI because the blitz kit came with an intake built in. the numbers i think came out to 198 hp at the wheels, but keep in mind, you cant have a lot of boost in the gts engine due to its high compression.

*2003 Black GT-S 6speed* TRD body kit, HID upgrade, clear corners, Matrix XRS shift knob, 02 tails, trd exhaust, AEM gen 2 CAI, TWM short shifter.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
what else will i be able to do the engine like i said im looking for the most power is there anything else i could add on top of the S/C

Do you know if the blitz super charger can be installed on an automatic. I looked at an article about the s/c and it said that it was available for the 6-speed. confused

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
i just emailed blitz for info on there S/C and any other parts they have
Ill post as soon as i get a responce

hmm not sure if it is for the automatic, but i dont see why not, because its the same manifold in both engines the only difference is the transmission. i mean it would make sense that it would fit, you should email them about it.

*2003 Black GT-S 6speed* TRD body kit, HID upgrade, clear corners, Matrix XRS shift knob, 02 tails, trd exhaust, AEM gen 2 CAI, TWM short shifter.

u can get a header, trd makes lightweight pistons, get some lightweight pulleys, and a lightweight flywheel.

but just to let you know, TRD is comming out with the supercharger for the gts in feb. so if you want to wait for that, you can still maintain the warranty on the car because its TRD

I saw the Prototype for the 1zz super charger for the GT from TRD a while back. So, the GT guys have something to look foward as well.

Yukio Taira
Team SC3 Founding member and Show Division Captain.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
does anyone know the stats for the TRD S/C compared to the Blitz S/C ???? confused

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
Dude, I feel the same way you do, dont sweat it... im sure there will be numbers available soon! thumbsup

Originally posted by 00-To-Sweet-Celica:
does anyone know the stats for the TRD S/C compared to the Blitz S/C ???? confused

Originally posted by dontmesswithkram:
but just to let you know, TRD is comming out with the supercharger for the gts in feb. so if you want to wait for that, you can still maintain the warranty on the car because its TRD
And where did you stumble upon such information?

Everyone is aware of a s/c coming for the matrix/corrola. No one knows for sure if it'll fit under the celica hood since its a tight fit in there...

[Linked Image from trdtoyota.com]

[Linked Image from gfonline.com]

[ 11-23-2002, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: Jeff ]

'01 GT-S 6spd:
TWM shortshifter
AEM Cold Air Intake
//TRD Exhaust
//TRD Shocks
//TRD Springs
//TRD Sway bars
//TRD Strut brace
//TRD jdm Clutch
//TRD jdm Flywheel
//TRD jdm Clutch-type LSD
Clear corner lenses
S2k antenna

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
so is there going to be a S/C from TRD or not and will it be for the GTS

Originally posted by 00-To-Sweet-Celica:
so is there going to be a S/C from TRD or not and will it be for the GTS
Unfourtuantly, the 2zz's compression is not Forced Induction Friendly... TRD won't risk it.

So the most boost you'll have is probably 4psi-6psi if you end up turbo'n or getting the blitz s/c.

Yukio Taira
Team SC3 Founding member and Show Division Captain.

yea i cant wait for this super charger to come out already. plus if trd makes a sc the damn thing is gonna cost an arm and a leg, prob more than the blitz sc for sure.

The Blitaz Supercharger is only for the 6-speed GTS because the supercharger is clutch-activated for less spooling time. That's why it doesnt work for an auto.

The Blitaz Supercharger is only for the 6-speed GTS because the supercharger is clutch-activated for less spooling time. That's why it doesnt work for an auto.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
the numbers i think came out to 198 hp at the wheels
the reason y they were only able to squeeze out 198 was due to the heavy 19" rims. i'm sure if they dynoed the blitz supercharged celica with some light 17" rims, the hp rating would be somewhere around 210-220.

2000 Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
All I know is that Blitz S/C only adds 30-35 hp. for $5000 + Install. SCREW that, unless your rich. Last I checked, 95% of $20,000-$25,000 celica owners aren't rich.

Pick up the recent Import Tuner with the GT300 Celica GTS on it/in it. It has the Blitz S/C and a shot of Juice. PROBABLY has forged/upgraded Cams, rods, pistons, and lowered compression. That's just my guess.

For you GT owners out there, I stumbled across a website about a year back about a few guys that put turbo kits together. That's right. They just mix and match parts. They were selling one for the GT for around $3500. Try search engines. It may take a while, but you can find it. Also, consider talking to your nearest "Tuner" shop. Many times they'll tell you what will/ will not work in a car.

Seriously, take it to the pros. You're gonna' have to eventually take it to them anyway to put it (Turbo, S/C, NOS) on. Hope this helped, somewhat. BTW, who the hell found this post from 5 or 6 months ago? hehee