Print Thread
Rate Thread

#13142 Apr 22, 9:35pm
Kim
GOD
2002 Toyota Celica GT
GOD
2002 Toyota Celica GT
hey guys i just got some JL audio speakers. the model is VR650-CSi. they come with a crossover and in the diagram it say to connect the speaker to the crossover and to the stck connections and the speacker connecters are in an L shape so you can make both connection for each lead but where do i get the extra wire for that. is it supposed to be included or do i have to supply it myself. also it recommends inthe manual to disconnect the negative terminal to the battery but i just got my computer to the way i want it, and disconnecting the batt would reset that, is there any way that i may be able to install the speakers without disconnecting the battery. also dose any know if this model replaces the front or back spaekers? thanks in advanced guys!

[Linked Image]

2000 Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
I can't help you with everything. Just leave your car off when messing with the speakers. Be sure not to cross any pos and neg wires. that'll blow a fuse and what not. The rear are supposed to be identical to the front; however, I bought components, too. It took me 4 days to get the front ones in properly. The rear still aren't in b/c I can't figure out how to remove them. I didn't see any screws, bolts, or rivets. If you got the money, take it to Circuit city because if you sell your car, they'll remove your system for free. Nice, eh? Hit us back on here. Let me know how/if you get the rear speakers out.

Kim
GOD
2002 Toyota Celica GT
GOD
2002 Toyota Celica GT
damn i took off the door panels but the problem was that the front speakers are held in by rivets, so i woudl have to drill them out. oh well, i'm okay with my stock sound system. i guess i'll just sell these. sorry bro couldn't help ya out with the rears.

[Linked Image]

2000 Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
Yeah, my step bro (a grease monkey) drilled out the rivets for me. Don't even bother trying to find the right speaker wires, btw. The local audio shop had to use a battery powered surge device that made the speaker "click" when both pos and neg wires for that speaker were zapped. Also, the internal amp for hte head unit is behind the glove box, and if you don't know what you're doin', yer gonna' mess up yer car, like I did. To this day, my power mirrors and center console lights don't work. Even the dealer doesn't know how to fix it.

You could do the speakers without disconnecting the battery, but it isn't recommended at all. Our ECU isn't crackable, so I don't see how you could adjust it.

The only way to remove interior speakers is to drill the rivets out and make new mountings for the new speakers. I used 1/2" fiberboard. It's a project and you should be mechanically inclined. The same process is followed for the rear speakers, but you have to remove the whole trunk and your back seats.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
I'm in the process of replacing my stock system with some componet Boston Acustic up front and some Boston Acustic 2way in the rear. I'm running the front speakers off a four channel amp I'm going to bridge the amp and run 100 watts per speaker. the front speakers were simple I removed the three speakers from the door(mine were not riveted) I Had to cut the opening for the tweeter bigger so it could fit the new ones in. The hard part was running all the wires you could leave the crossovers in the door, but I ran them to the inside of the car. I ran all the wires down the center console under the rug to the amp under the seat. all I have left to do is replace the rear speaker and the head unit. I'm going to bye-pass the stock amp under the glove box and run the rear speakers off the deck power, i have a temp kenwood for now but will replace in the future with a Tv/dvd/cd. the reason i haven't replaced the rear yet, is because they are riveted in & i have to drill them out so I put it off for when i have more time i will do this weekend. This is my first toyota and my first mod I also plan to replace my rims with Volk GT-P my exhaust my intake, i want to upgrade to Brembo brakes and evntually when Blitz is finished testing I plan on purchasing the supercharger. I'm waiting for some moron to hit my car so i can replace the ground effect and have it all painted. I have the diamond plate floor mats on order. What else is there any ideas on what to do next let me know i'm always looking to improve.

Last edited by ImBatman; Aug 11, 2003 12:46pm.

IM BATMAN