Personal Car History
This may have been done before but I'm a relative newbie so didn't see it. What are all the cars you've ever owned? At the risk of giving my age away, here's mine.
1. '60 or '70 Maverick straight six automatic on the column, a semi-beater, bought from my sister who had driven it all over the back roads while working as a public health nurse. Drove it from Arkansas to San Diego, put new shocks on it and traded it in after a couple of months on a new
2. brand new 1973 V6 Capri, bright yellow. That was a lot of fun, but not very high quality by today's standards. Got a ticket for doing 90 on I-40 but talked it down to 75 in court. That cost me $90. When that car started to be a pain with maintenance I traded it in on a
3. 1974 Celica ST, a nice, dependable car. The brakes tended to fade when I went down a long hill with a lot of twisty bits. After working a real job for a year or so I bought a new
4. 1979 RX-7. Then I got married and needed another car and went through a series of non-descripts.
5. don't remember the year used Accord.
6. one of those ugly little Subarus, maybe '85 or '86.
In the meantime I kept the RX-7, driving it in autoX in Tulsa and Little Rock, and having a custom paint job put on the original silver. Unfortunately I had only one picture, a Polaroid taken by the painter. I sold all my vehicles befor moving to Germany in '87 and bought a
7. '81 BMW 525i. It was very basic, no AC (not needed much over there), roll-up windows, but it was a nice autobahn cruiser. Moved back to the states and bought a really nice '94 Accord, a good "family car" for a DINK family. I had my brother-in-law, an auto restorer, look for an RX-7 and eventually found another
8. '79 RX-7, a fun car to bomb around in and autoX. Again decided to move to Germany, decided we needed something to drive visitors around in comfortably and bought a new
9. '96 Odyssey. Had it shipped to Germany and stayed there for 4-1/2 years. That thing probably has more hours at 100mph than any car around here (East Tenn). It has 100k+ miles and is still going. I had my eye on an Opel Speedster but moved back to the states instead and bought my
10. 2001 Celica GT (manual... duh-uh). Had looked at an Integra RSX but went with the more edgy styling of the Celica.
Hope this hasn't been too boring. If so, let me know and I'll never do it again.