Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

Hey Guys... i was wondering is there a supercharger out yet for the GT auto??? if so, what are the names of them and how could i get a hold of them!!! really interested!!please help smile

2003 Toyota Celica GT
2003 Toyota Celica GT
ya im interested too.. but alos interested in your opinions on how muh it helps considering its a GT auto

I don't think anyone does for the GT.. yet.. TRD is working on one I heard, and you can get a custom turbo kit for around 7-9K. they supercharged the corolla and the matrix, which have the same VVT-i engine that our GTs have, unfortunatly it won't fit in our engine bay, rumor has it that they are making it fit, and when it does it will be comperably priced with the matrix one (which is about 2K). Realistically it will hopefully get our hp peak at around 170 to the wheels, the best gains will be in leveling out our torque (right now GT torque has a sharp spike up to 120lb -ft, not good to spike, because our average torque sucks especially on the high end..GTS torque is MUCH steadier than ours it hovers between 110 and 130 where as ours drops below 100, which also is at the max hp.. at max hp our torque is only 98! bleh, and that's not even at the wheels)

People say that the GT "only has 5lbs less torque).. PEAK is so misleading, you really need to see the graph of the torque to know what it's doing GTS is fairly flat, so they have good power across the band and the RPM for max torque is closer to the same place horsepower spikes so they have awesome power at the high end where as we can't pull squat at above 5000rpm where our torque drops, GT spikes up fast and drops off fast our power band is very small by comparison(the GTS is above our MAX power 80-90% of the time, we are only at our max for about 10-15% of the RMP range, and there is only about 10% where we have a little more power than the GTS.. right around peak HP ).. We need this supercharger... I have a 5sp but I hope you guys get a version for the autos.. good luck.. at BEST though we will be cutting it close to the power of the stock GTS but probably not much beyond that so don't expect to get it and be able to beat a GTS in the quarter. (remember this is an unbias GT OWNER... just being realistic, sorry if it makes people sad).

[ 04-17-2003, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: FX-MAN ]

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
you know for sure that theyre making a supercharger for out GTs? i keep hearing people saying that its all rumors...? confused