New Reply
Print Thread
LiGhTniNgGT-S
LiGhTniNgGT-S Mar 8, 4:18pm - #119410 
2003 Solar Yellow Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica

Jacksonville, FL
Fitment of Octane front...

The guys at my bodyshop told me they'd either have to shave some of my crash brace, or shave behind the vents of the octane to fit the front bumper on the car itself since its resting on the crash brace.

I'm looking at the test fit pics on eCelica and the crash guard is right about the "vents" of the octane front. Maybe they lowered it for an 03 celica?? Either way it sucks. I just told them to shave a little of the vents from behind rather than have them warp my crash guard altogether. It was either that or removing it altogether which is a big no because ppl here in FL can't drive for shit.

But my question was which would you guys have done if you got the octane?
1. Remove the brace
2. Shave the brace
3. Shave the vents of the bumper
YBLEGAL
YBLEGAL Mar 8, 4:51pm - #119411 

2000 Toyota Celica GT

Iowa
I am going to order the octane for my 00 gt in a couple of weeks, hopefully I don't have to make that decision, but if I do I would probably shave the vents. If you got rid of the crash brace and you got into a wreck you would be screwed. crazy
LiGhTniNgGT-S
LiGhTniNgGT-S Mar 8, 7:48pm - #119412 
2003 Solar Yellow Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica

Jacksonville, FL
Originally Posted by YBLEGAL
I am going to order the octane for my 00 gt in a couple of weeks, hopefully I don't have to make that decision, but if I do I would probably shave the vents. If you got rid of the crash brace and you got into a wreck you would be screwed. crazy

Yah agreed.
element_celica
element_celica Mar 8, 9:01pm - #119413 

Michigan
same as you... #3

rip celi...
95 240sx

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous Mar 8, 10:54pm - #119414 
Unregistered

why the hell would that mechanic recommend bending the braces what a dumb ass, haha, no I would shave the front bumper a little