Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
I'm looking at some wheels by A.Z.A. They're staggered wheels, meaning the front are smaller than the rear wheels. I think they may be too big but I remember some car having Racing Harts that were 10 inches wide in the rear. So I just wanna check this out.

The size for the front wheels are:
18x8.5 with 235/40/18

The size for the rear are:
18x9.5 with 265/35/18

And these are what I'm considering
1. http://www.wheelmax.com/Wheels/AZA/az1.gif
2. http://www.wheelmax.com/Wheels/AZA/az4.gif

If these wheels can fit the Celica, which would look better on a black Celica with veilside bodykit.

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
they'll fit no problem..and whiel i like both rims i prefer the az4s ovef the az1's (solid star--the 2nd ones).

one thing about 18s though..you might want to drop your car about an 1" or 1.5" because it will make your celica look higher (depends on your tire sidewall with--but in any case it still will look higher) because the celica has such a low profile body, it looks its best when nearer the ground.

and i DEFINATELY like how you want to get your rear wheels wider than your front, even though it is completely show (it actually decreases performance slightly) it makes the celica look more like a rwd car (and thus more of a true sportscar) thumbsup

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Thanks for responding man. I also called wheelmax and they told me it won't fit. What's up with that? I want to be sure before I buy.

I will be lowering the car as well, no doubt about that.

And concerning me losing performance, it ain't no thang man. I won't be looking to hustle any niggaz for cash on the race course so I'll be straight with a Cellie that looks great.

Thanks again for responding. Wheelmax still has me puzzled though...to buy or not to buy...

Peace

Originally Posted by sPeEd4tHeNeEd
they'll fit no problem..and whiel i like both rims i prefer the az4s ovef the az1's (solid star--the 2nd ones).

one thing about 18s though..you might want to drop your car about an 1" or 1.5" because it will make your celica look higher (depends on your tire sidewall with--but in any case it still will look higher) because the celica has such a low profile body, it looks its best when nearer the ground.

and i DEFINATELY like how you want to get your rear wheels wider than your front, even though it is completely show (it actually decreases performance slightly) it makes the celica look more like a rwd car (and thus more of a true sportscar) thumbsup

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by theretiredpimp
Thanks for responding man. I also called wheelmax and they told me it won't fit. What's up with that? I want to be sure before I buy.

And concerning me losing performance, it ain't no thang man. I won't be looking to hustle any niggaz for cash on the race course so I'll be straight with a Cellie that looks great.

Thanks again for responding. Wheelmax still has me puzzled though...to buy or not to buy...

Peace

almost all reputbale wheelshops will try and keep you away from 18" and bigger rims on the celi (the most they want to go is 17") this is because 18s & higher add so much strain to your drivetrain so if you don't take care of your car your tranny will go to crap quickly. (avoid lawsuites, bad reputation & such).

assuming those wheels come in 5X100 (the lug patter for your celi) you will have no problem fitting them though. just be sure to take extra care of your drivetrain so your celi will last good & long thumbsup

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Okay, I get it. And concernig the bolt patterns, thanks for mentioning that. The first rims only come with a bolt pattern of either 5x114.3, 5x112, 5x120. The second set of rims (the ones you like better) come in 5x100, in addition to the above patterns. So the first one is definitely out completely right?

Thanks again man, I really appreciate it. You're a lot of help.

And I plan on taking good care of my whole damn car, let alone the tranny.

Peace thumbsup

Peace

almost all reputbale wheelshops will try and keep you away from 18" and bigger rims on the celi (the most they want to go is 17") this is because 18s & higher add so much strain to your drivetrain so if you don't take care of your car your tranny will go to crap quickly. (avoid lawsuites, bad reputation & such).

assuming those wheels come in 5X100 (the lug patter for your celi) you will have no problem fitting them though. just be sure to take extra care of your drivetrain so your celi will last good & long thumbsup

Last edited by theretiredpimp; Mar 6, 2004 4:08pm.

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Okay, I get it. And concernig the bolt patterns, thanks for mentioning that. The first rims only come with a bolt pattern of either 5x114.3, 5x112, 5x120. The second set of rims (the ones you like better) come in 5x100, in addition to the above patterns. So the first one is definitely out completely right?

Thanks again man, I really appreciate it. You're a lot of help.

And I plan on taking good care of my whole damn car, let alone the tranny.

Peace thumbsup

Peace

yeah, get the 5X100 pattern. and happy driving...that'll be one sick celi thumbsup thumbsup

those az1 look badass...

rip celi...
95 240sx

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
thank god i found this post...
i was hoping by summertime id get the BLOWN body kit flared...and i happened to see this staggered wheel line from wheel max too...
i want to get the staggered tire package all the way at the bottom for the AZA Z-4...but will these widths clear the wheel wells (flared or stock)..i read another thread under a search for "staggered"..and the thread said dont go wider than 8' in the front and rear..some guy psquared warned..can you guys clarify this because this is defintely what i wanna get for summer

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
I have 18x8.5 front and rear.
I am 100% sure that 18x9.5 would not fit with my rims, they will rub against shocks
I have +38 offset I think.
With a lower offset you might make it