Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#11680 Apr 12, 3:59pm
2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
I just ordered a TWM quickshifter for $160 shipped.
I already have a cold-air intake.
No other mods except for looks.

What should be next?? I have about $200 to spend. I was thinking about an AEM underdrive pulley. How does that sound?
Or maybe an APC Strut Bar, from the eCelica store?

Or is there a better way to spend 200 bucks?

[ 04-12-2003, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: SuperCharged ]

Absolutely Red awesome canyon road hugger with impressive straight-line acceleration.

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
depends on what you are looking for. If you want to go for the suspension, then spend the 200 on a suspension product. You could work on your sound system. You could buy the pulley, but the gain is minimal. Or you could save it and let your money add up and get an exhasut or header or somethin.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Well, I go to drag races every week and I almost always race some schmuck. So I'd like to have a few more things under the hood helpin' me beat those pussies. I'd get coilovers or Eibach lowering springs, but I don't have enough $ yet. I get paid every 2 weeks so it's quite a wait to get more parts. frown

Absolutely Red awesome canyon road hugger with impressive straight-line acceleration.

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
Well, GTS parts are expensive. The suspension mods will not bring any gains to your times, and neither will the AEM pulley. So if you want some more power, then save your money. You will notice handling improvement with your suspension mods, which will help in a race, but times will be relatively the same.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Yeah that's why I asked if I should get the AEM pulley kit (from eCelica's store) or something else. I know the pulleys will give me a little bit more power. Every little bit helps.
The quickshifter will help cut down my 1/4 mile times, too.

Springs or coilovers will help with the launch, probably resulting in improved time too.

http://unorthodoxracing.com/toyota_celica.html

The 3 part pulley kit will give nice gains, but you'll have to save up a little more. $200 really doesnt go far with a celica. Use your better judgment and save up, even though i know how hard it is to have money and not spend it thumbsup

~~Ryan~~ `n stuff

I dont know why you guys just dont do what you feel is right. No matter what you guys do to your celicas GT/GTS they will always be a slower car. I own a 2000 GT and i have over 7Gs into it and I still run 13.4. If i had to do it over again i would have gone for more looks. Just do what makes you happy not what other people tell you to do that have no clue! sorry if this makes people mad.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Actually I agree with you, Taylor.
Doing what other people tell you that you should do isn't really good. Kind of takes the fun out of deciding on what you want, and getting the satisfication that comes from knowing that you made the choice yourself, and not based on other peoples' opinions.

I'm pretty new to the Celica parts market, since I have only owned one since December, and I want to make sure that what I get is one of the considerably good upgrades/add-ons for a Celica, and also to make sure that I choose a quality product, not a piece of shit.

That is why I ask around this place for opinions on what my choices are. smile cheers

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
I went ahead and ordered an APC strut bar from PepBoys. They're gonna ship it to the store and I'll have it by Tuesday. Total? 60 bucks.

So that leaves me about enough for the AEM pulley kit from the eCelica store ($70). smile