New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#116718 Mar 3, 4:38pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Are most in-dash tv moniters motorized, or do you have to do it manually?

dikitzaps
1974 Toyota Celica
dikitzaps
1974 Toyota Celica
there are very few manual ones... only the old ones are manual.

the in dash ones are motorized but there are also non in dash ones.

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
ive never seen an indash that wasnt motorized

dikitzaps
1974 Toyota Celica
dikitzaps
1974 Toyota Celica
they are old... you kinda push the screen in while its "in dash" and a spring releases it and you pull it out yourself.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
its cheaper just to get a jdm center ocnsole or have your guy custom make one ..im picking mine up on friday..had him Fiberglass me a new console..fits 2 screens and the dvd/fm/cd player ill post pics..it works aout cheaper..and looks soo amazing...the screens arel ike 120 bux each..get a descent cd/fm/dvd combo 1 din unit and your set.

2003 Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica
^^cool def post pics of that! thumbsup

Laissez les bons temps rouler

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
motorized now... a looooooong time ago maybe you would have to pull it out. but definitly a thing of the past. and it looks soooo cool as it is coming in and out!!! thumbsup

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
do they flip up on there own? confused

that was my real question, i didn't word it right spineyes

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Originally Posted by XplodCelica0708
do they flip up on there own? confused

that was my real question, i didn't word it right spineyes
Yes they pop out and flip up completly motorized

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
oh ight...tks again thumbsup

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
hey skoof how much do you think it would cost to customize your own indash dvd? estimate or if you have exact cost on one...thnx

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
i really cant say because he hooked it up acuse im a good customer...but my guy lives far away from me..but he is the bestttttt..but b4 i went to him..i was like..hmm lets see who can do it around here..everyone was telling me like 800 bux..etc etc..and more. also i had it done at some shop for 200 they destroyed my dash..and f**ked everything up. thats why i went to my guy..and he Fiberglassed my whole interior and flushed the 2 screens in. so please if you do it..dont go for the cheaper price..go for quality..(buit dont get ripped off either)

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
btw..io just reread my post..when i said "i cant say" its not beacuse i dont want to tell you how much i paid.i paid like 500 for the Fiberglassing and tv/stereo install and allt he custom work..but thats cause he is a buddy of mine. i odnt know what other places would charge..but im assuming more. good luck though!

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
ahh and one last thing...you could og ahead and to it a cheaper way if your kool with it. unless your going for shows and shit..if you just want a tv for fun..but to look custom and spend less cash. you can do 2 things. one is custom ..one isnt. the custom approach is ..take out your stock radio..and put an 5inch(no bigger) lcd screen in its place(then obviously get a smaller aftermarket radio and put it somewhere like in the storage area over)...then put plexi glass over the tv..after that..get someone to cut vinyl and put it on the plexi glass leaving the area empty int he middle where the screen is..and then everything around it is the vinyl(make the vinyl color match you center console color..it looks stocka nd really clean)..its hard to explain..but it looks nice and ims ure you get the idea . the other way is just buy the JDM center console for 100 bux..get an LCD screen for 80 off ebay(make sure tft) and obviously a 1size dinn dvd/mp3/cd/fm radio combo -they go for like 150 bux on ebay. i dont want to go typing like crazy on this..but if you want to talk more and you want me to send you links to sites where you can look at all this stuf fand how it iwll look in your car..PM me

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
i sell car audio and i dont know of any quality in-dash tv's that are not motorized

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
this came out ALOT cheaper than buying a motorized tv. i explained what i did above...its all Fiberglassed in..then you buy a 1din headunit with dvd/cd/fm/mp3 for like 120 bux(ebay) and a screen for like 100(make sure its tft and not lcd..i made that mistake before)...and yor set..if you have a hookup and a guy who really knows what he is doing..it shouldnt cost more than 700. and i think it looks nicer [Linked Image from pic10.picturetrail.com]

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
thumbsup

[Linked Image]