Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

can anyone direct me to instructions on how to or a website to??? i need some help, pleasee

2002 Celica GT-S Spectra Blue:
TRD Action Package
TRD Lowering Springs
18 Quantum Tek Wheels
Alpine CVA-1005 Indash TV
Alpine DVA-5200 Indash DVD
20% Window Tint
Viper 500ESP Alarm
S2k Antenna
MTEC Lighting Package
--------------
Hypnotized
Charlotte, N.C.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Ok, take a breath. Which bulbs are you trying to change?

If it's any bulb in the headlight bucket, just peek behind the casing inside the engine bay and you'll find plugs to pull free, and you can pull the bulbs out no problem.

Side markers: You'll have to loosen the screw holding the bumper up at the ends (right by the wheels), and pop out the black plastic push-ins & loosen the black plastic in the wheel well, then reach inside and loosen two lug nuts & pop out the side markers.

Taillights: Pop the hatch, pop out the plastic panels on the sides, and reach in & pull out the bulbs. (i think. never done it before)

Dome(interior light): Pop it open by inserting a flat head screwdriver in the tiny slot & prying it open. Just hold one of the metal prongs back & get the bulb out. But it's HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you do it after the bulb cools off. rofl

Absolutely Red awesome canyon road hugger with impressive straight-line acceleration.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Pull the bulbs out no problem? You've got to be kidding. There's like 3 inches to stick your hand into to get it. The easiest way to change your headlights out (low beams) is to take off the front facia and remove the entire headlight casing. That way you can see just how everything is attached and how you should put it back.

[Linked Image]

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Check your drivers manual. It shows you exactly what to do.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Originally posted by XxMerlinxX:
Pull the bulbs out no problem? You've got to be kidding. There's like 3 inches to stick your hand into to get it. The easiest way to change your headlights out (low beams) is to take off the front facia and remove the entire headlight casing. That way you can see just how everything is attached and how you should put it back.
Yeah, I meant it was no problem once you know what you're reaching for. You have to stop a couple times to get a good look before reaching in again. But that sure beats taking the bumper off & dismantling the headlight buckets. [Razz]

Absolutely Red awesome canyon road hugger with impressive straight-line acceleration.

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
confused Are we talking about a GTS or GT, are they different? Headlight bulbs? You can do those with your eyes closed (with a GT). And they don't just pull out, the low beams and blinker you have to turn them.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
GT and GTS are the same, I think.

I meant you can pull them out in general. I know you have to twist them like 2/3 a turn but other than that it's not really a pain in the ass to change the bulbs. The tricky part's putting the soft rubber seal back on. There's a nub you have to align with a notch on the case.

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ok, well apparently this guy doesn't know left from right in this situation (no offense), so he should know exactly what to do. I wouldn't want him pulling on those bulbs until they come out.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Well when I first wanted to put new bulbs in, I didn't have a clue what to do.
I'm sure he's smart enough to figure it all out. It's really a no-brainer.

One tip though: If you're replacing the headlight bulbs, be sure you pull the black adapter off the bulb! Otherwise the replacement ones won't go on right. I goofed up on that one. rofl