Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#10884 Apr 3, 7:29pm
2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
all of a sudden on monday my fuse for the tailights blew. i replaced them and they continued to blow all this week... i checked my tail-lights and there are no crossed or exposed wires. i also took off my custom made grill and checked all over the car (even my clear corners) and nothing looks odd>! has anyone had this problem before??? i cant drive for five mins before the damn fuse blows (the fuse for the tailights-night driving ones, brake lights etc still work). i'm gonna make an appointment to warranty this prob unless anyone has any ideas.

thanks all

01 gt
rm carbon fiber wing
rm carbon fiber hood scoop
injen cai (race division) with splash guard
carbon fiber tail lights
titanium tint
obx muffler with removable silencer
irridium plugs
jdm smoke fuel door lid

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
I don't know where to begin. I guess if you have checked all of your wires (behind the fuse panel also), then take it to the dealer.

ECelica Staff
ECelica Staff
try disconnecting all of your tail-lights and see if the fuse still blows...I if doesn't plug them in one by one to see if one of them causes it to blow.

Maybe it's a faulty light ?

[ 04-04-2003, 05:52 AM: Message edited by: RicePowered ]

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
thanks for the help/ ideas... i've checked all wires that i know of (even by all three fuse boxes) and nothing!!! i guess i'll remove my carbon fiber tail lights and check for exposed wires (maybe its grounding somewhere)!! if i cant find it, i guess i cant do night driving till monday (my appointment).

thanks for your help all

ECelica Staff
ECelica Staff
well, if it the fuse only blows when your driving, then that sounds like a grounding issue due to vibration.

Yeah I would take you lights out and check everything.

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
well i've checked everything i know of and cant find any wires exposed that would be grounding , anything loose, etc frown
i guess i'll have to take my car in on monday for warranty, till then no night driving for me frown

thx for the ideas all smile

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Im guessing that at some point you might be getting a "SPIKE" in your electrical while driving...

This could be caused by either your battery's cells going bad or your alternator not holding/distributing a proper charge.

If you had swapped out your fuses and they still continue to blow... does this happen as soon as you start to drive.. or does this happen just while your car is sitting, turned ON in your driveway?

Problems with the battery/alternator should be covered under warranty... UNLESS they can find cause for it to have been damaged by something after market that you may have installed - such as; Indiglo Gauge Overlays, Neon lighting or something as simple as an after market car stereo.

I wish you the best of luck on this problem rice

[ 04-04-2003, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: isaac ]

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
it seems to only pop the fuse after driving the car for only just a little bit (like only five mins and it pops) frown i've let the car idle for a few minutes after replacing the fuse and it doesnt seem to pop, but after driving for just a short time it pops... i've replaced anything i can think of that toyota can blame on aftermarket parts (i even put back on my stock tail lights)... i hope they dont come up with some lame excuse to drop warranty like they did on my friends ride frown

thanks for the help all