New Reply
Print Thread
XxMerlinxX
XxMerlinxX Apr 1, 11:43pm - #10820 
2000 Silver Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica

Hartsville/Greenwood, SC
Straightpipe?

Ok, question. Would I have better gains with the TRD cat-back system? Or would I have better gains if I had straight-pipes? And if I got straights, what could I put on'em to not make'em so loud? I've heard the TRD exaust has a nice low but still loud growl. That's kind of what I want. Anything would be helpful.

[Linked Image]
Street Prototype
ECelica Staff
Street Prototype Apr 1, 11:54pm - #10821 

ECelica Staff
2002 Toyota Celica GT

Guam, U.S.A.
good question, i have a custom exhaust, and a straight pipe, took the cat converter out of there, it was freakin loud and sounds like a can so what i did i bought me a resonator and use that to replace the cat converter... yes you can feel the power of a straight pipe and the bigger the pipe the better, now my exhaust sounds deep and smooth thumbsup

[ 04-01-2003, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: Street Prototype ]

[Linked Image]

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous Apr 2, 10:14pm - #10822 
Unregistered

Use high flow cat...
If you don't have CAT you get CEL...
There is way of by passing the O2 sensor...
BUT you can still have straight pipe with high flow cat... and use TRD exhaust..
It won't be too loud.. cause TRD exhaust is quiet..
It will be quiet if you don't push.. but when you do push.. it'll be louder... but not too loud...