New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
hey guys. iknow some of you wanted to know what the results were oncei got my pulley. first off i 'd like to thank isaac. we met up at a yoshinoya parking lot and he delivered the AEM pulley plus threw in a TRD license plate to cover the shipping cost (and i bunch of decals too). he reffered me to a guy who did a great job on installing the pulley and did it in about 45 min. i'd like to say that isaac is awesome and he goes above and beyond when it comes to us in the forum or in the ecelica store and we should give much respect for that. anyway, after i got the box all that was in it was one pulley wheel and a belt (our celicas only come with one pulley, unlike what some people have said or suggested). when i looked at the box it said "increases horse power, improves throttle, does not require to remove harminic something-something (i'm an idiot when it comes to cars), etc., etc." i didn't really expect al that much from the pulley onl y that it should do what it does...just free up a little hp because of the lighter wheel. besides, it's a $70 mod. well... after i took it out wheni got it installed i noticed RIGHT AWAY that it rev'd easier and the throttle was much better. considering i had an automatic it felt great. i took it out to the 170 hwy and i was going 80mph below 2700 rpm (normally it would be @3000 at that speed). basically it gave me a good jump and since i have an automaitc it's a blessing. of course i was thinking..there's that issue with the dimming lights. well night came and there was NO DIMMING OF LIGHTS. now some of you may not have the same results but i think possibly my battery, since it handles power windows, doors and a rear wiper, handled it well. i dunno. like i said i'm an idiot when it comes to cars. i can't really say how much horsepower it gave because i haven't dyno'd my car. but the acceleration and throttle was quite noticeable and for a 70 dollar mod it was worth it. i'm quite happy with the pulley and i suggest you all get it here at ecelica because i know isaac will take care of it to the best of his abilities.

now some of you have bougth the pulley and are wondering WTF i'm talking about since you felt no gain. well maybe it's my car and the mods i have. hmmm...well i have a 2000GT (automatic) with injen short ram intake, TRD exhaust, and some brand new denso iridium plugs (don't know if that makes a difference). coursei use mobile 1 syn. oil with k&n per. gold filter and stock alloy wheels that might affect performance (then again maybe not). just wanted you guys to know what my results are with the pulley and what i have in the car when i got it installed. my verdict: it's a great affordable mod that does what it does. if you want 10-15 hp this is not the mod for you. but you want something reletivelty cheap with better throttle response and better acceleration then this mod is great.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
interesting. i purchased the pulley about 9 months ago and have yet to install in fear of improper installation or the belt breakin' on me. i too have an auto GT with TRD exhaust, HS header, Injen CAI and some suspension upgrades. i initially purchased it because it was a cheap mod and with the HS mod it really bogged me down and i was looking to add power to the front end.

i'm too stubborn to take out the header so i've just dealt with the power loss upfront. people have told me it would an 1.5 hr job at about 90-130 bucks to do..another reason i haven't done it...i'm glad to read a positive experience.

happy racing!

yeah i add the AEM pulleys into my car. On the freeway(auto), i can feel a faster accelotation in my car. befor it never used to redline, but now it actually reaches 7400 rpm. at night my lights do dim, but maybe its my sound system in my trunk.

To end all, i agree adding AEM pulleys are the cheapest mod, but can gain about 3-4 hp. well maybe in my car

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
what mods do you have? i'm curious. have you dynoed your car or you just doing it by feel about the 3-4hp gain? i want to know so i can get the most out of my pulley.

2000 Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
CT, how mush was your install? Where should I take it to get it done? Thanks, --Rob

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
CT - I picked up the same intake you have installed... after 2 years of putting it off, I was finally convinced - thank you!

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
cool! the color matches really nice with your car too! yeah pics in here don't do your car justice. you got a really nice ride. thumbsup

i can actually say i have all these in my car thumbsup , but i dont know where the hp is coming from. confused

Do you have to remove the alternator to install it?

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
yes. search in this site to seeinstall pics.

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Originally posted by Jimbo:
Do you have to remove the alternator to install it?
Installation guide...
https://celicahobby.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=17;t=000016

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com