Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,917
tru_Asiatik_Pride
Blue MnM
tru_Asiatik_Pride Feb 17, 5:50pm - #105129 

Blue MnM
2003 Toyota Celica

Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,917
Southern California
refilling the coolant?

my coolant is way below the "LOW" line and i wanted to refill. i tried going to the dealer(northridge) and ask them how easy it is to do but none of them would even give me the time to answer some questions angry angry so i went ahead and just buy the coolant. now my question is how hard is it to refill or do i need to do a full flush which i think i dont need since my car is only a year old confused.for those of you who know please help
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 4,658
Evan
Rebel
Evan Feb 17, 6:01pm - #105130 

Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 4,658
Washington
No need to flush if it's that new.

Here's some info. on flushing (just skip the parts that drain out the old stuff). Follow only the parts that show how to refill smile

https://www.celicahobby.com/tech/tsb2/ARTICLE_ENGINE_COOLANT_FLUSH.pdf

[Linked Image]
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,917
tru_Asiatik_Pride
Blue MnM
tru_Asiatik_Pride Feb 17, 6:28pm - #105131 

Blue MnM
2003 Toyota Celica

Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,917
Southern California
Originally Posted by Evan
No need to flush if it's that new.

Here's some info. on flushing (just skip the parts that drain out the old stuff). Follow only the parts that show how to refill smile

https://www.celicahobby.com/tech/tsb2/ARTICLE_ENGINE_COOLANT_FLUSH.pdf

thanks but which 2 hoses do i disconnect? there is two on the side and one on the bottom and which one is the bleeder plug? sorry for all the questions i dont know much about car engines frown
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 5,346
spaztikid
dikitzaps
spaztikid Feb 17, 6:39pm - #105132 
dikitzaps
1974 Toyota Celica

Joined: May 2003
Posts: 5,346
LA
just top it off.
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,917
tru_Asiatik_Pride
Blue MnM
tru_Asiatik_Pride Feb 17, 7:21pm - #105133 

Blue MnM
2003 Toyota Celica

Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,917
Southern California
thanks guys i just top off the coolant i guess iam good to go. thanks again thumbsup thumbsup grin
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 4,658
Evan
Rebel
Evan Feb 18, 1:34am - #105134 

Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 4,658
Washington
Originally Posted by tru_Asiatik_Pride
thanks guys i just top off the coolant i guess iam good to go. thanks again thumbsup thumbsup grin


thumbsup

[Linked Image]
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,307
RoMkApOmKa
Specialist
RoMkApOmKa Feb 18, 2:51am - #105135 

Specialist
2002 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,307
Maryland USA
I have a same problem...
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 975
xXMaGNuSXx
hookah-meister
xXMaGNuSXx Feb 18, 2:56am - #105136 
2000 Liquid Silver Toyota Celica GT
hookah-meister
2000 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 975
Smog City LA
Careful, if you're gonna flush it, there's a proper way to do it. If you don't do it right, you'll get air into the system and air doesn't really do a good job of cooling. grin That happened to me, and they had to flush the system multiple times. My temp needle flew off the scale multiple times and it scared the shit outta me. Take it to a respectible shop. They tried to top mine off, but it only got air into the system somehow. But they fixed it for FREE!
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,917
tru_Asiatik_Pride
Blue MnM
tru_Asiatik_Pride Feb 18, 3:08am - #105137 

Blue MnM
2003 Toyota Celica

Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,917
Southern California
Originally Posted by xXMaGNuSXx

Careful, if you're gonna flush it, there's a proper way to do it. If you don't do it right, you'll get air into the system and air doesn't really do a good job of cooling. grin That happened to me, and they had to flush the system multiple times. My temp needle flew off the scale multiple times and it scared the shit outta me. Take it to a respectible shop. They tried to top mine off, but it only got air into the system somehow. But they fixed it for FREE!

is there a way to tell if air got in coz i just followed the instructions under the Hood and the celica repair manual and the one evan posted(which all 3 preety much the same)i did not flush it just refilled and toped it off confused
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 199
CelicaTC
Member
CelicaTC Feb 18, 10:54am - #105138 
Member
2003 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 199
Belgium
Just fill it up to max. It is just a buffer vessel (it keeps the radiator full), it isn't part of the cooling circuit like in some other cars.
Join the conversation - Register now or Sign in to add your comment


Moderated by  isaac 

Customize Your Toyota CelicaPrivacy Policy · About · Contact
CelicaHobby.com is an independent Toyota Celica enthusiast website. CelicaHobby.com is not sponsored by or affiliated with Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. in any way. The Toyota and Celica names and logos are trademarks owned by Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc.
© CelicaHobby.com, 2001-2016