Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 35
MikeyLittle69
Member
MikeyLittle69

Member
2004 Scion XA

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 35
New Jersey
Feb 16, 7:07pm - #104652 
A Cry For Support

*sob* Today...I went back to Toyota to..to...Trade in my Celica *Waaaaa* Anyways, I gots to trade it due to Family problems with who's name are on the registration or whateva, anyways, im trading it in for a '04 Scion Xa... I got all the extra goodies that comes with it, just had to go for that because its cheap and i still owed bunches of money on my Celica..Either way, im still goin to come on here and keep everyone posted about the mods i perform on my new Scion...anyways, i vow to have a new 8th Gen. Celica when they come out :0) [color=blue][/color]

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,269
NorwayGT
Specialist
NorwayGT

Specialist
2004 Dodge SRT4

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,269
Seattle, WA
Feb 16, 7:12pm - #104653 
why did you sell it to them, then buy a brand new car? wouldnt it be a lot cheeper to get a pritty nice car from the 90's, ie, a 95integra GSR?


was....5speed with i/h/e
15.41 @ 89.30mph 2.282 60'

is....04 srt4 stock
13.936 100.15mph 2.177 60'
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,154
beans
ECelica Jester
beans
2000 white Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Jester
2000 Toyota Celica GTS

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,154
Philadelphia, PA
Feb 16, 7:16pm - #104654 
is the xa the boxy car or is that the xb?

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 171
OOSilver_S
Member
OOSilver_S

Member
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 171
Illinois
Feb 16, 7:17pm - #104655 
Xa is the curvy one

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,030
RevMonster
Masta OC
RevMonster

Masta OC
2003 Toyota Celica

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,030
Orange County, Ca
Feb 16, 7:45pm - #104656 
Xa is a pretty sweet car. Hope you are getting a stick tho, because it is a pretty small engine.

I would NEVER trade a car as new as your Celica in at a dealership, btw. You'll loose TONS of money on it. Try to make an effort selling it yourself. Even if you price it way below bluebook, you'll get more than the dealer will give you.


I'm just a crosshair
I'm just a shot away from you
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,034
CeLlYgT04
Specialist
CeLlYgT04

Specialist

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,034
Orange County, Ca
Feb 16, 9:55pm - #104657 
Originally Posted by MikeyLittle69
*sob* Today...I went back to Toyota to..to...Trade in my Celica *Waaaaa* Anyways, I gots to trade it due to Family problems with who's name are on the registration or whateva, anyways, im trading it in for a '04 Scion Xa... I got all the extra goodies that comes with it, just had to go for that because its cheap and i still owed bunches of money on my Celica..Either way, im still goin to come on here and keep everyone posted about the mods i perform on my new Scion...anyways, i vow to have a new 8th Gen. Celica when they come out :0) [color=blue][/color]


That sucks dude, keep us posted, and good luck with the new car thumbsup

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 35
MikeyLittle69
Member
MikeyLittle69

Member
2004 Scion XA

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 35
New Jersey
Feb 16, 10:02pm - #104658 
Thanx guys, the dealership is giving me 14,000 for it. i still owe like 20,000+ on it, and i didnt want to get a used car right now, im kinda spoiled with the new car deal, iunno, either ways though, i'll see how the xa holds up for me, and if im not happy with it, i can always steal my girls celica smile, she said she thinks the xa is a cute car anyways lol, plus i like the space inside, give me plenty of room for entertainment and such, im looking for more show then go right now, that is till i get my hands on a sweet evo, srt, or any other 3 letter cars out there lol

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,619
LostAngel
Specialist
LostAngel
Specialist

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,619
Pennsylvania
Feb 16, 10:56pm - #104659 
Originally Posted by MikeyLittle69
Thanx guys, the dealership is giving me 14,000 for it. i still owe like 20,000+ on it, and i didnt want to get a used car right now, im kinda spoiled with the new car deal, iunno, either ways though, i'll see how the xa holds up for me, and if im not happy with it, i can always steal my girls celica smile, she said she thinks the xa is a cute car anyways lol, plus i like the space inside, give me plenty of room for entertainment and such, im looking for more show then go right now, that is till i get my hands on a sweet evo, srt, or any other 3 letter cars out there lol

I sorta like the XA, but I am more of a sporty looking car. Thats cool that you gotr $14k...but I would have maybe ran an add in the paper for it first...oh well, good luck with everything man! thumbsup

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 171
OOSilver_S
Member
OOSilver_S

Member
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 171
Illinois
Feb 16, 11:18pm - #104660 
I dont understand why they couldn't have put a 1.8 vvt-i motor instead of that puny 1.6. I'm sure it cost the same to manufacture them both, and it's not like the 140hp is too much for either the xa or xb. thumbsdown

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 331
mikalous
Member
mikalous

Member
2000 Toyota Corolla

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 331
Canada
Feb 17, 1:31am - #104661 
Originally Posted by OOSilver_S
I dont understand why they couldn't have put a 1.8 vvt-i motor instead of that puny 1.6. I'm sure it cost the same to manufacture them both, and it's not like the 140hp is too much for either the xa or xb. thumbsdown


They wanted the cars to be more affordable. And also to appeal to younger buyers. So they also made sure there is plenty of aftermarket support for them, who would mod that car when its already 180hp? Style + Cheap Price + After market support = young buyers. Its all about marketing to who you want to see buy the car.

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,587
xmangt1
4 All U Haterz!
xmangt1

4 All U Haterz!
2000 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,587
Chicago, IL
Feb 17, 1:35am - #104662 
Your gonna miss the Celi!

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,140
Bakablo1
Specialist
Bakablo1
Specialist

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,140
Ontario, Canada
Feb 17, 5:13pm - #104663 
good luck wit the new car

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 35
MikeyLittle69
Member
MikeyLittle69

Member
2004 Scion XA

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 35
New Jersey
Feb 20, 4:51am - #104664 
I do miss the Celi already, but i got the xa fully loaded, well loaded for me lol, i got the TRD springs and 18 inch wheel package, then i got the Cold Air Intake, the sport muffler, led lights on the inside, with the sport pedals, and the colored shifter, and i got the fog lights, bazooka bass tube and the spoiler. thats all just for now though, when i get my resources back up, im goin to get a system that i like and there's a lot of space in the dash, specially if you like the tv screens. so i'll be sure to keep everyone posted

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,030
RevMonster
Masta OC
RevMonster

Masta OC
2003 Toyota Celica

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,030
Orange County, Ca
Feb 20, 4:56am - #104665 
I think that you'll have fun with the Xa. The Celica is an awesome car to drive, but space and something a little more comfortable is always a great thing too. thumbsup


I'm just a crosshair
I'm just a shot away from you
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 51
KiKangKiKang
Member
KiKangKiKang

Member

Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 51
houston texas
Feb 20, 3:45pm - #104666 
Originally Posted by MikeyLittle69
Thanx guys, the dealership is giving me 14,000 for it. i still owe like 20,000+ on it, and i didnt want to get a used car right now, im kinda spoiled with the new car deal, iunno, either ways though, i'll see how the xa holds up for me, and if im not happy with it, i can always steal my girls celica smile, she said she thinks the xa is a cute car anyways lol, plus i like the space inside, give me plenty of room for entertainment and such, im looking for more show then go right now, that is till i get my hands on a sweet evo, srt, or any other 3 letter cars out there lol


The dealer is giving you $14,000 for your celi but you still own them $20,000? Wouldn't that add up to a $34,000 celica?


* * * *
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,873
cycocelica
daman
cycocelica

daman
2000 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,873
Washington
Feb 20, 5:39pm - #104667 
Good Luck with the xA, those can be fun!

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,168
Eyger
Specialist
Eyger

Specialist
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,168
California
Feb 20, 11:18pm - #104668 
I don't find the Scion's to be too appealing at all. But i guess a new car is better than no car at all! Linked Image

1869837125-sci.jpg

Knowing the path and choosing the path are two different things.
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 837
LinkTallica
Senior Member
LinkTallica

Senior Member
1996 Geo Prizm

Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 837
Cal LA
Feb 21, 1:55am - #104669 
Originally Posted by Eyger
I don't find the Scion's to be too appealing at all. But i guess a new car is better than no car at all! Linked Image

rofl

that sucks but tewll us how the scion turns out to be wave

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,030
RevMonster
Masta OC
RevMonster

Masta OC
2003 Toyota Celica

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,030
Orange County, Ca
Feb 21, 1:58am - #104670 
Quote:


The dealer is giving you $14,000 for your celi but you still own them $20,000? Wouldn't that add up to a $34,000 celica?


Nope. He owes 20k on the purchase price of the Celica still. The dealer gave him 14k for the car, which he probably used to pay for the Scion in cash. Therefore, he still owes the 20k on the Celica loan...

Hope that made some sense... spineyes


I'm just a crosshair
I'm just a shot away from you
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,587
xmangt1
4 All U Haterz!
xmangt1

4 All U Haterz!
2000 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,587
Chicago, IL
Feb 21, 2:03am - #104671 
Originally Posted by MikeyLittle69
I do miss the Celi already, but i got the xa fully loaded, well loaded for me lol, i got the TRD springs and 18 inch wheel package, then i got the Cold Air Intake, the sport muffler, led lights on the inside, with the sport pedals, and the colored shifter, and i got the fog lights, bazooka bass tube and the spoiler. thats all just for now though, when i get my resources back up, im goin to get a system that i like and there's a lot of space in the dash, specially if you like the tv screens. so i'll be sure to keep everyone posted
Good job!

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,269
NorwayGT
Specialist
NorwayGT

Specialist
2004 Dodge SRT4

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,269
Seattle, WA
Feb 21, 2:20am - #104672 
Originally Posted by MikeyLittle69
I do miss the Celi already, but i got the xa fully loaded, well loaded for me lol, i got the TRD springs and 18 inch wheel package, then i got the Cold Air Intake, the sport muffler, led lights on the inside, with the sport pedals, and the colored shifter, and i got the fog lights, bazooka bass tube and the spoiler. thats all just for now though, when i get my resources back up, im goin to get a system that i like and there's a lot of space in the dash, specially if you like the tv screens. so i'll be sure to keep everyone posted

i thought you got rid of the celica because of shortage of money??? it doesnt look like youve got ANY shortage of money since your splurghing hella money on 18's getting it fully loaded, and all that shit. well anyways, your just not making any sence to me


was....5speed with i/h/e
15.41 @ 89.30mph 2.282 60'

is....04 srt4 stock
13.936 100.15mph 2.177 60'
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 2,454
Elec-FuYu
Specialist
Elec-FuYu
2003 Silver Toyota Celica
Specialist
2003 Toyota Celica

Joined: May 2003
Posts: 2,454
B.C. Coquitlam
Feb 21, 2:33am - #104673 
laughsilly laughsilly turbo or supercharge that babe!


I am a HID Maniac!!
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 35
MikeyLittle69
Member
MikeyLittle69

Member
2004 Scion XA

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 35
New Jersey
Feb 21, 4:02pm - #104674 
the co-signer of the car has been giving me shit about it, i used to live in the same house with him it was my step-father, well he was under the impression that since he co-signed, he wasnt able to do anything else, credit wise, like buy a house or something, well to keep it short and sweet, he kicked me out the house and im living wit my girl, and to just get him off my back i traded in the celi to get his name off it...hopefully that clears it up a lil

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,269
NorwayGT
Specialist
NorwayGT

Specialist
2004 Dodge SRT4

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,269
Seattle, WA
Feb 21, 4:07pm - #104675 
Originally Posted by MikeyLittle69
the co-signer of the car has been giving me shit about it, i used to live in the same house with him it was my step-father, well he was under the impression that since he co-signed, he wasnt able to do anything else, credit wise, like buy a house or something, well to keep it short and sweet, he kicked me out the house and im living wit my girl, and to just get him off my back i traded in the celi to get his name off it...hopefully that clears it up a lil

oh, sorry to hear that, yea, it cleard it up.


was....5speed with i/h/e
15.41 @ 89.30mph 2.282 60'

is....04 srt4 stock
13.936 100.15mph 2.177 60'
Join the conversation - Register Now or Log In to add your comment


Moderated by  isaac 

Member Spotlight
c2gas
c2gas
2000 Toyota Celica
Hungary

Posts: 307
Joined: December 2002
Show All Member Profiles 
Recent Topics
Water in footwell of rear passenger seat
by ciaranleeman. 07/21/2017 1:24 AM
A/C doesn't work, water leak
by Zaon_Prime. 07/20/2017 1:06 PM
2000 Celica GT instrument lights go out
by Herby. 07/19/2017 1:49 PM
Need some guidance to buying a celica!
by Hanate. 07/17/2017 4:23 PM
4th Gen owners...
by Cherry88Celica. 07/15/2017 1:04 AM
Can someone please help
by 96celicast. 07/13/2017 1:54 PM
Stock Stereo Volume Knob Removal???
by Katherine. 07/13/2017 8:35 AM
P1349 VVTI Malfunction
by ciaranleeman. 07/12/2017 6:42 AM
Customize Your Toyota Celica Privacy Policy · About · Contact
Privacy Policy · About · Contact
CelicaHobby.com is an independent Toyota Celica enthusiast website. CelicaHobby.com is not sponsored by or affiliated with Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. in any way. The Toyota and Celica names and logos are trademarks owned by Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc.
© CelicaHobby.com, 2001-2017
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.1
(Snapshot build 20170611)