New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
BRS Tuning's agressively styled carbon Fiber hood with carbon fiber hoodscoop

Only $490 - Includes FREE set of Sparco silver hoodpins is also included shocked
https://celicahobby.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=138

Photos at...
https://celicahobby.com/gal3/kit_brshood_ins

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com

some company seriously needs to make a hood that makes like a direct air to our intake. like ram air like the camero ss. that would be so friggin sweet. but im not really diggin the side vents on this hood. kinda outta place.

*2003 Black GT-S 6speed* TRD body kit, HID upgrade, clear corners, Matrix XRS shift knob, 02 tails, trd exhaust, AEM gen 2 CAI, TWM short shifter.

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Originally posted by dontmesswithkram:
[QB]some company seriously needs to make a hood that makes like a direct air to our intake. like ram air like the camero ss. that would be so friggin sweet.
you've gotta remember that the Celica's intake is right behind the crash-guard/bumper...

The BRS hood draws hot air AWAY from the engine bay and down the back side... Thus, creating a cooler environment for the engine to run in -the whole point of your original stock hoodscoop that the team of engineers at Toyota designed thumbsup

Toyota Celica GT...
[Linked Image]

Toyota Celica GTS...
[Linked Image]

Notice the Airbox right behind the bumper... that huge black thing on the USA drivers side smile

...this is also where your Short-Ram would go after installation... and a cold-air instake draws cooler air from your driver's side wheel-well (The bottom of your car) spineyes

Camaro Z28...
[Linked Image from carbuffs.com]

[Linked Image from carbuffs.com]

[ 03-26-2003, 12:55 AM: Message edited by: isaac ]

[Linked Image]

ECelica Staff
ECelica Staff
It's different.

Bat-

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
That hood is tight. Right now it is between that one and the invader hood. I think I like the invader hood a little better, but I could put a stripe on the BRS one... Decisions Decisions.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
i like the brs better personally...i forget the name, but that hood thats on the supra from that horrible movie "fast and the furious" was awesome...they should have one for celicas cheers thumbsup

Not just another girl's car...

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
I got 4 thumbsup while fighting 30 miles of Rush-hour traffic on my way home this evening...

I like this hood!

(BTW, Invader hood doesnt site correctly on the car - the driver's side "dip" is too low so it rests ontop of your ECU box, pushing that side of your hood up by about 1/4inch shocked Althought that hood looks AWESOME comming at you [Tasty] )

[Linked Image]

Originally posted by tWiSteD:
i like the brs better personally...i forget the name, but that hood thats on the supra from that horrible movie "fast and the furious" was awesome...they should have one for celicas cheers thumbsup
That hood ur referring to on fast and furious 1 on the orangey supra is a trd carbon fiber hood which retails up to 1000. My brother got it for 600 through my friend's older brother car shop. =]

[ 03-26-2003, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: sleepy celica ]

[Linked Image]

no, but like what im saying is, on a camero ss, the picture you posted is a z28 two totally different engines. and hoods for that matter. the SS has a center mounted hoodscoop like ours, but it has 2 ducts that curve around into the intake. thus creating a ram air effect.
[Linked Image from chevrolet.com]

*2003 Black GT-S 6speed* TRD body kit, HID upgrade, clear corners, Matrix XRS shift knob, 02 tails, trd exhaust, AEM gen 2 CAI, TWM short shifter.

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
wtf This looks simular to what you posted...
- Its the standard Celica hoodscoop, molded...
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Originally posted by dontmesswithkram:
no, but like what im saying is, on a camero ss, the picture you posted is a z28 two totally different engines. and hoods for that matter. the SS has a center mounted hoodscoop like ours, but it has 2 ducts that curve around into the intake. thus creating a ram air effect.
and please dont bring up the WRX and their "ram air" effect... their engine was built that way - notice the intercooler placed ONTOP of the engine, and not infront of the engine

[Linked Image from irvinesubaru.com]

[Linked Image from ray.wroten.com]

My point against what you are saying is - you cannot just change a hood and expect your car to to be more powerfull... you have to also change your engine to take advantage of different situations.

Now if you want to keep going over this about "ram air" and the celica's hood design... walk out to your car and see exactly what could be done - the only thing thats really possible with the way your stock celica is setup and a FUNCTIONAL ram air design - would be to just remove your plastics grin

Step 1. Remove the two clips holding down the plastic piece. Use a key or pen to push down the middle piece then lift up on the clip.
[Linked Image]

Step 2. The finished product should just look like the intake filter with no plastic obstructions in the way.
[Linked Image]

[ 03-27-2003, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: isaac ]

[Linked Image]

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
couple of questions, 1. the hood is 2 piece, meaning the hood and the scoop are seperate, right? looking at pics of it, it seems like the scoop isnt against the hood, like it isnt installed, or maybe its just cause it isnt?
2. installation, is this something that can be done at home or is it something thats gonna have to be take in? 3. the hoodpins, Im guessing the holes for the hoodpins are not originally on the hood, are they? and if not then I guess that answers #2. thanks

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
1) the pictures where the hood is NOT installed to the car, the scoop is not bolted to the hood... check out the hood when it is bolted to the car and you will see ZERO gaps thumbsup

2) installtion is something that can be done at home... just grab a friend and have them hold the hood as you use an 12mm socket wrench to remove your old hood, then replace with this hood... intalltion is actualy very simple.

3) hoodpins are included as a recomended safety measure - *I* currently dont have hoodpins installed to my car because the release latch and safety latch on the BRS hood are top quality - ALTHOUGH, because the hood is much lighter than stock hood (75% lighter), we always recommend that you use hood-pins (I have had a set of hood pins sitting on the passenger side floor of my car for the past 3 weeks, just havent installed them yet)

Hoodpin installation discussion...
https://celicahobby.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=001811

Ducts description...
NACA ducts are useful when air needs to be drawn into an area which isn't exposed to the direct air flow the scoop has access to. Quite often you will see NACA ducts along the sides of a car. The NACA duct takes advantage of the Boundary layer, a layer of slow moving air that "clings" to the bodywork of the car, especially where the bodywork flattens, or does not accellerate or decellerate the air flow. Areas like the roof and side body panels are good examples. The longer the roof or body panels, the thicker the layer becomes (a source of drag that grows as the layer thickens too).

These ducts scavenge this slower moving area by means of a specially shaped intake. The intake shape drops in toward the inside of the bodywork, and this draws the slow moving air into the opening at the end of the duct. Vorticies are also generated by the "walls" of the duct shape, aiding in the scavenging. The shape and depth change of the duct increase air flow to your intake manifold to cool it down, while drawing the warm air away from your air intake and other critical engine components that usualy cause "heat soak" when warm air builds-up in those areas.

[Linked Image from gmecca.com]

Typical uses for these ducts include engine air intakes and cooling

BRS TUNING 2PIECE CARBON FIBER HOOOD (w/SCOOP) FEATURING NACA DUCTS...

Only available at...
https://celicahobby.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=138
And on sale until the end of APril for only $490
(Silver Sparco hoodpins included with every order)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[ 04-18-2003, 03:52 AM: Message edited by: isaac ]

[Linked Image]

Hey Isaac, any chance of a group buy on this?? If so, I'm down for a new hood.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much damn space!
2000 Black GTS
AEM CAI
HKS Hi-Power Cat-back
AEM Strut Tower Brace
AEM Tru-Power Pulley
TRD Quick Shift Kit
Momo Gear Knob
Euro Clear Side Markers
Carbon Fiber Taillights
Carbon Fiber Dash Insert
Konig Absolute Opal 18s
Nitto NT 555 225/35ZR-18s
TRD Performance Springs
Coming soon...
TRD LSD
TRD Header & Downpipe
Hi-Flo Cat
Head Port n Polish
Apex-i SAFC
Body Kit

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I think that hood is bad ass, time to save some money for it. Isaac, do you have to us the hood pins that come with it? Is a safety issue or just for looks?

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Sorry Isaac just found the answer to my question! thumbsup