New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#10336 Mar 25, 10:18am
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
Sup guys, I ordered the header yesterday, Hopefully I'll get it fri and I can install it this weekend. I will post results about the install and gains. I heard though about a bolt modification. Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Dan

I can't help out with the bolt but I have a question - are the headers CARB approved (leagal)? I'm in Cali and I'm tired of illegal mods that have to be changed to smog the car. Also, street racing is a big issue in Stockton and I don't want probs if I get pulled over just because of the car (I have the action package).
Thanks,
Robert

'03 GT-S w/ Action Package. AEM CAI. TWM SS. Pivot Adj. Shift Light. Veilside Ti Teardrop Exhaust. Intrax Springs. Hotchkiss Sway Bars. APR Front Strut Brace. APR Canards. ADR Flite 5 Wheels w/Bridgestone 225/40/18 SO3 Pole Position Tires. Autometer Cobalt guages.

RAWGTS #10338 Mar 26, 11:26am
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
I do not know about cali. If you want to find out, send them an email. This is the website I bought it from.

http://store.yahoo.com/titanmotorsports/exhausts.html

Hope that helps, Dan.

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
Man, guys, I ordered the header on mon March 24th, and just found out today wed. march 26, that hostshot is not shipping it to me for another 3-4 weeks. Ain't that some shit. Damn, I am so frustrated. I have been waiting to get this header for a long time, and finally got it. Its so close yet so far.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
ah that sucks frown ah well, it'll make it all the better when it does come in wink

Not just another girl's car...

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Damn... that does suck!!! frown Could you let us know if you have (or think you will) any warranty problems? This is the only thing keeping me from ordering the header! Apprecite it, and congrads on finally ordering it, even though you may never get it j/k wave

hey robert, im from stockton too! which celica in stockton is yours?

Selica #10343 Mar 27, 10:01am
Thanks Spiderman.
Selica - I have an '03 silver GTS with the TRD body kit. Everything is stock right now - I just got it a week ago! I am taking it back to Sac on Monday to have leather and a moonroof installed. Is that a pic of yours in your sig?

[ 03-27-2003, 09:04 AM: Message edited by: RAWGTS ]

'03 GT-S w/ Action Package. AEM CAI. TWM SS. Pivot Adj. Shift Light. Veilside Ti Teardrop Exhaust. Intrax Springs. Hotchkiss Sway Bars. APR Front Strut Brace. APR Canards. ADR Flite 5 Wheels w/Bridgestone 225/40/18 SO3 Pole Position Tires. Autometer Cobalt guages.

Yeah, that's mine in my sig..

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Hey Spidey GT,

Man that does suck about the Header man, I was thinking about ordering it soon too but still wanted to see if there were any other options for decent headers for us GT owners. I did hear about the TRD, the Trial Header and also the OBX Racing one but wasn't sure if the Trial and TRD Headers were made for the GT and not sure about the effectiveness of the OBX Racing header so was gonna end up getting the Hotshot but not sure. But where did you order your Hotshot Header from, directly from Hotshot or through another company that was gonna have it drop shipped to you directly from Hotshot? The best price I found was $325 from www.titanmotorsports.com [titanmotorsports.com]
Well was wondering where you made your order because if titan had them ion stock and shipped them directly from their warehouse I was gonna order from them most likely. Alrite man hope you get your order soon and check ya later bro...

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
Asian,

I orderend my header from titanmotosports. He originally said it was going to be shipped the week after I ordered it, and then the next day he told me that Hotshot was sending it out in 3-4 weeks. I guess Hotshot is on back order. The only available header for the GT is Hotshot, I've searched around. Trial has one for the GTS and the gains were awesome, so they may make one for the GT, but there is no telling when it will come out.

Dan

PS, just got a high flow cat installed with custom 2.5" piping. It sounds so much louder and different, its awesome! I also have the TSRM muffler.

[ 03-28-2003, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: SpiderManGT ]

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
hey spidey,

okay cool deal man, thanks for the info, i will wait and see what's up later with titan and if they have them in stock in a month or so there since they do have the best price of $325. there is an obx header made in ceramic coating or also a stainless steel finish at www.thespeeddepot.com [thespeeddepot.com]
but i'm not sure about the performance from obx racing as i do have some accessories by them but never bought performance from them yet so not sure if i want that one but may consider the obx. alrite man will check ya later yo...

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
Asian,
I have never heard anyhting about them either, therefore I will go with the trusted name.
About your Kaminari Kit, do you have a drop. How low is it stock and with your drop? Basically, I want the Kaminari and I'm on 17" wheels and I want it to look perfect, know what I mean. So could you please provide me with information, and pics if you have any?

Dan

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
hey spidey,

yeah you're right man i think i will just wait and get the proven hotshot headers once they're in stock at titan. as for my car and the kaminari kit, i got 17 inchers but no springs yet and the car is pretty low in my opinion. i don't have pics in the computer but basically i've scrapped the bottom quite a few times up front since i have some steep hills and driveway ramps to navigate. i want to get springs sometime soon and want decent performance with a minimal drop so i was looking into the eiback prokit or the trd spring kit which i heard both do about a one inch drop which wouldn't be that much more extreme. CIN has replied to me and said he worried about getting too low too and ended up getting the hotchkis spring kit but i'm not sure how much of an exact drop that gives. i want to know if its less of a drop than the trd and/or eibach pro which means it would only lower the car less than an inch!!! this would be great if its the case and i'd get the hotchkis set but i'm not sure if he's right or not yet and will still decide. definitely let me know anything else you may hear too man and have a great day yo...

hey spidey, i got my hot shot headers for my gt 2000 celica. wink , and install is a bitch !! they have to take off my heat shield for it, on top of that the screws didnt fit that well, usually its an hour process, but this one took about 3 hours [Mad] , that was the cons, the pros are that my exhaust was louder (trd exhaust with injen intake) i heard my throttle in my engine when i rev. it picks up better. when i went to toyota for an oil change, the dude said it feels like i have the vvtl-i, which is the gts feeling, instead of the vvt-i, gt version. i like my headers, but on the other side i didnt like the install process... oh one more thing, to take off your stock headers, you have to take off the downpipe or whatever its called before you can do anything. we also had to take off some screws of the engine in order for the headers to slip out cry , but its ok you can put them back in later... process no good !! thumbsdown performance for my car is good thumbsup well worth the money

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
Asian, Thanks for the info on the kit. In my opinion, a drop less than one inch isn't worth it, but thats me. What does your wheel well gap look like? That is the main reaon I want the drop, I need to level out my car and shorten the fender well gap.

Dea7, thanks for the install information. I am expecting to be around 3 hours, I heard its a pain, but I have some good background in mechanics, so it may go little smoother than I expect. I can't wait to feel the difference. I have the TSRM muffler with high flow cat and custom 2.5" piping.
Peaceout

Dan